Just got my first Subi!
Results 1 to 13 of 13

This is a discussion on Just got my first Subi! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How's it going! I just purchased my first Subi. I come from a history of DSM's and Honda's. I was ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7

    Just got my first Subi!

    How's it going! I just purchased my first Subi. I come from a history of DSM's and Honda's. I was originally going to go with an Evo MR, but a friend had his for sale for pretty cheap and i decided to go with it! Below are the mods and I attached a pic. let me know what you all think!

    2006 WRX STI
    Miles: 32,500
    Greddy 25g t67 Rotated Turbo
    CP Stock bore Forged Piston's with Rod's(With ARP hardware)
    Perrin FMIC kit
    HKS SSQV BOV
    Greddy Air Oil Seperator
    Perrin V2 Fuel Rails
    Perrin 816cc injectors
    AEM EMS
    Greddy Airnix Intake
    Walbro 255hlp In tank fuel pump
    Greddy Catless 3inch Downpipe
    Invidia N1 Race Catback Exhaust
    Custom Blackend Headlights
    Mishimoto Alumminum Radiator
    Mishimoto Blue Hoses
    Cusco Strut Bar
    Tanabe GF210 Lowering Springs
    Drilled and Crossed Rotor’s X4
    Works Emotion XD-9 18x8.5 w 245/45/18 kumho esx tires
    Chargespeed CF Hood type 1
    Chargespeed CF outlet Duct type 2
    VIS CF Trunk
    Carbon Fiber Roof Spolier
    Greddy Gracer Front Lip
    AVN-50D 7 inch LCD INDASH NAVI, DVD, MP3 Player
    Gruppe-s Headers UEL and UPPIPE
    PRO TUNED for 91 Octane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0012.JPG   IMG_0013.JPG  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,919
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAFTERSHOK View Post
    How's it going! I just purchased my first Subi. I come from a history of DSM's and Honda's. I was originally going to go with an Evo MR, but a friend had his for sale for pretty cheap and i decided to go with it! Below are the mods and I attached a pic. let me know what you all think!

    2006 WRX STI
    Miles: 32,500
    Greddy 25g t67 Rotated Turbo
    CP Stock bore Forged Piston's with Rod's(With ARP hardware)
    Perrin FMIC kit
    HKS SSQV BOV
    Greddy Air Oil Seperator
    Perrin V2 Fuel Rails
    Perrin 816cc injectors
    AEM EMS
    Greddy Airnix Intake
    Walbro 255hlp In tank fuel pump
    Greddy Catless 3inch Downpipe
    Invidia N1 Race Catback Exhaust
    Custom Blackend Headlights
    Mishimoto Alumminum Radiator
    Mishimoto Blue Hoses
    Cusco Strut Bar
    Tanabe GF210 Lowering Springs
    Drilled and Crossed Rotor’s X4
    Works Emotion XD-9 18x8.5 w 245/45/18 kumho esx tires
    Chargespeed CF Hood type 1
    Chargespeed CF outlet Duct type 2
    VIS CF Trunk
    Carbon Fiber Roof Spolier
    Greddy Gracer Front Lip
    AVN-50D 7 inch LCD INDASH NAVI, DVD, MP3 Player
    Gruppe-s Headers UEL and UPPIPE
    PRO TUNED for 91 Octane
    Holy damn man. What were the dyno numbers?

    Nice soob btw.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks!
    With Meth injection it was in the 530 to the wheels. The meth was removed because he wanted to use it on his other vic, I might purchase it and put it back on there!

    Im also thinking of getting cams, clutch and new suspension. Gotta sell my civic first before I get crazy with this one though!

  5. #4
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,919
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    do you have a tune without the meth injection? If not, don't get on high boost before you pick up the kit otherwise you're in high risk of severe pre detonation.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    do you have a tune without the meth injection? If not, don't get on high boost before you pick up the kit otherwise you're in high risk of severe pre detonation.
    As of right now the Map that's on it right now is for no meth. I plan on purchasing it in the next few weeks and installing it. I still have 2 other maps he gave me for it, 1 which is for Meth.

    Ill probably remove the turbo timer and DEFI gauges from my civic and install them on the subi. I might put the gauges somewere else. I'm not a big fan of pillar mounted gauges.

  7. #6
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,919
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAFTERSHOK View Post
    As of right now the Map that's on it right now is for no meth. I plan on purchasing it in the next few weeks and installing it. I still have 2 other maps he gave me for it, 1 which is for Meth.

    Ill probably remove the turbo timer and DEFI gauges from my civic and install them on the subi. I might put the gauges somewere else. I'm not a big fan of pillar mounted gauges.
    Do a quick search of the forums and you'll find that subies don't need turbo timers since the turbo is both oil and coolant cooled. You've evolved past your DSM days
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Do a quick search of the forums and you'll find that subies don't need turbo timers since the turbo is both oil and coolant cooled. You've evolved past your DSM days
    Yeaaaa.... but i would rather have one on there just to be on the safe side. 30 second's wont hurt anyone! Dont bash my DSM out now! lol shes still good old fate full! never gave me problems! still going to keep her as a daily driver...

    any recomindations for cam's?

  9. #8
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,919
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAFTERSHOK View Post
    Yeaaaa.... but i would rather have one on there just to be on the safe side. 30 second's wont hurt anyone! Dont bash my DSM out now! lol shes still good old fate full! never gave me problems! still going to keep her as a daily driver...

    any recomindations for cam's?
    depends on what you want out of your car. considering how modded it already is, you might want to check out Brian Crower stage 3 cams. They are extremely high profile but still streetable from what I gather.

    EDIT:
    This is all speculative, I've never driven or worked on a soob with stage 3 cams.
    Last edited by zax; 03-16-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    depends on what you want out of your car. considering how modded it already is, you might want to check out Brian Crower stage 3 cams. They are extremely high profile but still streetable from what I gather.

    EDIT:
    This is all speculative, I've never driven or worked on a soob with stage 3 cams.
    I want it pretty street-able, nothing to crazy. I have a 274/264 combo on my DSM and its pretty damn good.

  11. #10
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,919
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAFTERSHOK View Post
    I want it pretty street-able, nothing to crazy. I have a 274/264 combo on my DSM and its pretty damn good.
    I think the street cams are 272/272 and the race cams are even higher advance. Stock EJ257 is 256/256 if I recall.

    What all did you do to your civic?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  12. #11
    Registered User benson156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    331
    Welcome to the club and congrats on your car! Sounds like it hauls! +1 on the dyno #'s!!!
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I think the street cams are 272/272 and the race cams are even higher advance. Stock EJ257 is 256/256 if I recall.

    What all did you do to your civic?
    Civic is a sleeved D16Z6 block with a Y8 semi built head. it was on a GT30R running mid 400 to the wheels. list of mod's is long, thats been my baby for 3 years! no one pimps out single cams and i did! i decided to be diffrent! lol got me down to 11.60's spinning all of 1st and 2nd! gotta love FWD!

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by benson156 View Post
    Welcome to the club and congrats on your car! Sounds like it hauls! +1 on the dyno #'s!!!
    thanks man!!! things a beast! im pretty impressed!...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •