Hello, it's been 2 months.

This is a discussion on Hello, it's been 2 months. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2010 silver sedan. Immediately put on a slightly larger rear stabilizer bar . Drove the car like I was afraid, ...

Hello, it's been 2 months.

2010 silver sedan. Immediately put on a slightly larger rear stabilizer bar.

Drove the car like I was afraid, for the first 1000 miles. No cruise control, no steady speed, no revs over 4K, no getting her too hot. It was pure torture to me! Also, I avoided any large throttle opening before the first 400 miles were logged.

Lucky for me, I had steep and twisty roads that were rain soaked during this time so at least it was interesting.

Then eventually after a few thousand miles I found a steep piece of interstate and ran her hard, uphill to get some fuel mapping accomplished. She's much more responsive since that day.

Have 5500 miles now and have done a lot of it on twisty roads. Tires are going fast but not as fast as I thought that they would. I expect at least 13K on the first set. Initially I thought maybe 10K. Pretty satisfied considering they are summer rubber. For those whiners who complain about tire wear I suggest you get yourself some 600 tread-wear rated tires and sell your factory tires. There are plenty of people who will buy a good set of quality tires; no need to punish yourself with the gluey traction of soft tires.

My initial impressions of the handling have not changed over the entire 5500 miles. The front end of this car bobs around like a pogo stick! More specifically, this car has front shock absorbers that are way too wimpy on rebound dampening. Why????

One other thing about that front suspension. Speed bumps feel like I have just run over a parking lot berm. BAM! I hate that jolt.

I just noticed my first paint chip on the front of the hood. Not bad for today's crappy paints and having driven 5500 miles. I hate modern cheap, water based paints but what can you do? At this rate, I'll have about 20 chips at 100K miles. Not bad!

I love the forced cooling for the turbo. I'm talking about the ram air over the turbocharger and the wide open area beneath that allows good airflow there. Then, when you are standing still, the convection can kick in and allow the cool air below to be drawn upward as the hot air around the turbo can easily exist the engine bay via the hood scoop.

I can not believe how quiet this exhaust is. I can hear the whine of the turbo and transmission/differential over the exhaust in any condition, even with the windows open while driving next to a wall that should reflect (echo) the sound back to me. Seems like an electric car; it's so quiet.

Gary
    2010 Spark Silver Sedan
    Last edited by WRCross; 07-15-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: correcting spelling on the word "grammar" LOL:rotfl:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    glad your enjoying your car

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

^ Ya, what he said. I think.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne