Hello...a little bit about myself....

This is a discussion on Hello...a little bit about myself.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am new to this board and a new WRX owner I have made a few posts but no formal ...

Hello...a little bit about myself....

I am new to this board and a new WRX owner I have made a few posts but no formal introduction yet so thought I'd do that now...

I bought my 2010 Subaru 5-door WRX after much research. Its my first real sports car ever. I looked at mazda 3's, audi a3's, civic si's but chose the Subaru, which was actually my initial first choice the whole time. I gave the other cars a chance to talk me out of it, but they couldn't.

I am an older guy (41) and have kids so I don't have a whole lot of time to mod the car or mess with it too much (of course, when I bought it I told my wife I was not going to do ANYTHING to it....and that is already out the window) but I will be doing some work on it.

I've already added a new head unit (see pics) and tinted the rear windows. I plan to get some perrin shifter bushings and some rally armor mud flaps. Fog lights and blue footwell illumination will be going on when it goes in for first dealer service in a couple of weeks.

I am thinking of getting an air filter also...any recommendations on that?? I am open to suggestions.....

Anyhow, hello and thanks for all the info I've already received from the members on this board....

Pics attached.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrxside.jpg   wrxfront.jpg   wrxotherside.jpg   wrxdash.jpg  
    2010 Impreza WRX 5-door base model + short throw shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by matty dread View Post
    I am new to this board and a new WRX owner I have made a few posts but no formal introduction yet so thought I'd do that now...

I bought my 2010 Subaru 5-door WRX after much research. Its my first real sports car ever. I looked at mazda 3's, audi a3's, civic si's but chose the Subaru, which was actually my initial first choice the whole time. I gave the other cars a chance to talk me out of it, but they couldn't.

I am an older guy (41) and have kids so I don't have a whole lot of time to mod the car or mess with it too much (of course, when I bought it I told my wife I was not going to do ANYTHING to it....and that is already out the window) but I will be doing some work on it.

I've already added a new head unit (see pics) and tinted the rear windows. I plan to get some perrin shifter bushings and some rally armor mud flaps. Fog lights and blue footwell illumination will be going on when it goes in for first dealer service in a couple of weeks.

I am thinking of getting an air filter also...any recommendations on that?? I am open to suggestions.....

Anyhow, hello and thanks for all the info I've already received from the members on this board....

Pics attached.....
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Another 40-something member!

Unless you start seriously modding, the stock air filter will do just fine. I have a K&N I used a few years ago ... but after reading some less than positive articles / threads on their actual filtering ability I went back to stock OEM filters.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Congrats on your purchase and welcome!
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and Welcome to the club!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Welcome to the forums. Lots of great people / info here. As far as replacement panel filters... there are lots of options. I run the K&N myself, no problems here. Happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and Congrats on the your WRX!
    Also I love the color!, and the GPS is very nice.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009