CAI; AEM or K & N - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on CAI; AEM or K & N within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I want to say thank you for everyones input...I greatly appreciate it. So just to make sure i got this ...

I want to say thank you for everyones input...I greatly appreciate it. So just to make sure i got this right the general consensus is that I should start with an EM upgrade as a first engine mod (bang for my buck to get more bhp) then I can always add on from there e.g CAI and catback, etc.
    I'm a firefighter and I love cars but I'm not very technical literate so I apologize. Any help you can give me is always greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trex613 View Post
    I want to say thank you for everyones input...I greatly appreciate it. So just to make sure i got this right the general consensus is that I should start with an EM upgrade as a first engine mod (bang for my buck to get more bhp) then I can always add on from there e.g CAI and catback, etc.
    I'm a firefighter and I love cars but I'm not very technical literate so I apologize. Any help you can give me is always greatly appreciated.
    That sounds like a good first step but I'll let the more knowledgeable people around here chime in.

What I will say is that I actually put a CAI on my stage 1 '09 just a few weeks ago with an AP OTS map (both from Perrin). There really aren't any significant power gains. There could be a little something but it is within the margin of error of my butt dyno.

Registered User 2005_silver_wrx's Avatar
    k well thanks guys umm as soon as i read the posts yesterday i got on it and took it off, and true enough im still pushing out the same amount of power so i guess it was just in my head the whole time. I cleaned my maf sensor and i believe i got a little better air flow or better response anyways but once again it could probably be in my head.
    I apologize for thinking that i knew what i was doing cause it sounds like i frustrated a few of u guys, sorry bout that, and thanks for the advice i appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.