CAI; AEM or K & N - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on CAI; AEM or K & N within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I want to say thank you for everyones input...I greatly appreciate it. So just to make sure i got this ...

I want to say thank you for everyones input...I greatly appreciate it. So just to make sure i got this right the general consensus is that I should start with an EM upgrade as a first engine mod (bang for my buck to get more bhp) then I can always add on from there e.g CAI and catback, etc.
    I'm a firefighter and I love cars but I'm not very technical literate so I apologize. Any help you can give me is always greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trex613 View Post
    I want to say thank you for everyones input...I greatly appreciate it. So just to make sure i got this right the general consensus is that I should start with an EM upgrade as a first engine mod (bang for my buck to get more bhp) then I can always add on from there e.g CAI and catback, etc.
    I'm a firefighter and I love cars but I'm not very technical literate so I apologize. Any help you can give me is always greatly appreciated.
    That sounds like a good first step but I'll let the more knowledgeable people around here chime in.

What I will say is that I actually put a CAI on my stage 1 '09 just a few weeks ago with an AP OTS map (both from Perrin). There really aren't any significant power gains. There could be a little something but it is within the margin of error of my butt dyno.

Registered User 2005_silver_wrx's Avatar
    k well thanks guys umm as soon as i read the posts yesterday i got on it and took it off, and true enough im still pushing out the same amount of power so i guess it was just in my head the whole time. I cleaned my maf sensor and i believe i got a little better air flow or better response anyways but once again it could probably be in my head.
    I apologize for thinking that i knew what i was doing cause it sounds like i frustrated a few of u guys, sorry bout that, and thanks for the advice i appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12