2010 WRX 5 Door Black
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX 5 Door Black within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Been a week since i picked it up. Crappy weather until the last 2 days. Hit 40 today so I ...

JT7

2010 WRX 5 Door Black

Been a week since i picked it up. Crappy weather until the last 2 days. Hit 40 today so I gave it a bath. I really notice the 'factory' swirls, more so than my other cars. I will probably polish it out when I have more time (and practiced on the older cars).

Only 2 things I have done so far: De-badge the hatch and mild tint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks nice!
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

Nice and clean. It looks really good. Welcome to the forums. Any plans to mod it in the future??
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

JT7
    I did get some Rally Armour MF, ran out of time so I did not get them on today.

I also plan on upgrading the sound system and I also picked up the red STI cubby light to replace the blue OEM that does not match the rest of the dash.

As far as engine/suspension mods go, I am interested in down pipe, cat back for a little more rumble, stage 2 maybe. But that won't be until the warranty gets a bit closer to ending.

My wife keeps asking me how old I am when I talk about it. That and the fact we only had it 1 week.
    I need to sneak it in piece by piece then say "That?, I had that for a long time" or under guise of regular maintenance. "Is that the exhaust? I thought you were replacing brake pads today?"
    "Um, yea, that's how you do it on this car"

Quote Originally Posted by JT7 View Post

My wife keeps asking me how old I am when I talk about it. That and the fact we only had it 1 week.
    LOL, I know what you mean.
    When I took my wife out for her first ride in the car, she said between my old muscle car, my sport bike and now the WRX, I'm going to be the envy of every 20 year old male in the neighborhood.....Im 55 years old.

Very Nice! I just picked up the same one! Congrats on the car

Lookin good man!!! I'll have to wash mine tomorrow and possibly throw some wax on it. Did you notice all the extra colors that pop out of the black when its clean? first time I saw mine in direct sunlight I was amazed at how sparkly it is.

swirls suck.. I declined a delivery detail to avoid that.. and here it was it came with em anyway

Yours looks great with the tint.. I need to get that done soon before it starts warming up here or I may have a rolling oven on my hands. What % did you have installed?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

JT7
    Thanks, Congratulations to you too!

Looks really nice. I really need to get mine tinted. I think they look so nice that way.

JT7
    Yea I noticed the blue and green metallic fleck in the paint too.

Here is a attempted close up to show that. Once I actually polish and wax it, it should pop even more.

My wife has a black 03 Forester. Java Black - same thing - black but with a green gold flake, very subtle.

The tint is 35% on the side and 20% on the back. It seems a little lighter than I thought. The tinter and my brother (a cop) said it was legal-ish (all but the front sides which should be 50) well, at least not too dark to be hassled by it.

^^ very nice man that thing looks amazing.
    I'm looking to de-badge also.
    Could you tell me what you used to do it?

JT7
    Thanks for the compliment.

De badge is pretty easy.

1. Hair dryer (if you use a heat gun, take it easy, they get hotter)
    2. Dental floss or light test fishing line (I used 6# test)
    3. Soft towels or micro fiber rag.
    4. Adhesive remover (bug and tar, goof off)

Clean the area with some soap and water, just so you don't introduce new scratches.

Take the blow dryer and start hitting the first set of badges you want off.

Take a piece of floss or fishing line and slide it behind the badge and saw/pull through the adhesive tape. If it's warm enough it should be pretty easy.

Repeat for all the letters etc.

You will have some residue left over. you can heat it and rub it off with your fingers or use the adhesive remover to get the remainder off.

Plenty of posts/links out there with pictures how to do this.

Awesome, doesn't seem very hard at all lol.
    I had a general idea of how to get it one but really didn't want to mess anything up.
    Thanks.

JT7
    Just be sure that if you are taking off a badge, you know what is behind it. Ask around. Sometimes badges (larger/older) have holes in the metal that the clip into. This leaving you with some hole to deal with when the badge is gone.

Oh of course man that would be a sucky surprise.
    I'm actually going this weekend to a dealer to buy most likely the same exact car in the infamous blue if it's available. Otherwise I'm going black.

Would you be so kind as to post some interior photos?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.