New Member - New 2010 WRX Limited Hatch

This is a discussion on New Member - New 2010 WRX Limited Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself to the forum. I am a new owner of a ...

New Member - New 2010 WRX Limited Hatch

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself to the forum. I am a new owner of a brand new Black 2010 WRX Hatch that I just purchased. Will receive it tomorrow since it is coming from another dealer. Pics coming soon!

*side note* They said it has 30 miles on the odometer. Is that normal for a new car?

The car I had before is a 2001 Lexus IS300 so I am a first time Subaru owner (very excited!). Anyways, I'm excited to getting to know everyone. Thanks!

Last edited by hieu1004; 03-13-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Pictures Added
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I got my '09 Rex it had right around 200mi. on it b/c it had to come from another dealer pretty far away and for some reason they couldn't truck it?! I dunno, didn't feel like arguing...

But back when I bought my '07 Si brand new it had just over 20mi. on it so it seems normal.
    2009 Subaru WRX (Hatch/Satin White Pearl) (*SOLD!*)

30 miles is nothing. my 09 had 26 on it before i test drove it and i put another 15 on it before i bought it.

My dealer wouldnt let me go over 4K rpms on my test drive. Hopefully yours was treated the same way.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Every car I test drove (Genesis Coupe, GDI, Lancer, RX8, Speed3, WRX, and Cooper S) I took over 4k rpms and the dealers didn't say anything. Hell I wasn't shifting in the RX8 until I got to 7k. I never redlined any of them so I'm guessing the dealers didn't care. The two Sooby dealers I drove at were proud of the fact I could get to 60, safely, in 2nd gear.
    2010 Blue WRX Premium
    2001 A4 1.8T Quattro
    2002 Cavalier (destroyed)

Less miles the better. New WRX shouldn't go over 4k for the first 1000 miles so it's better your buying one w/ less miles. Mine had 70 on it. Another one i test drove had 220.

The kid trying to selling me the one w/ 220 didn't care...he actually encouraged me to "get on it." I kind of wish they tried to limit the amount of times it went over 4k rpms so that the person who buys it doesn't buy a car that's torn up. Even if its only 100 or 200 miles.
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

Thanks guys. It makes me feel better about my purchase - I am lovin it so far!

Mine had 63mi on it when I picked it up.. I figure the test drives aren't whats going to harm the engine. Its more of a "prolonged" high rpm during break in that can cause damage. I babied it once i got it and it runs like a top now.. 12k mi later. No issues.

congrats on the purchase! Black looks dead sexy when its clean
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics