want to know everything and anything a noob needs to know about hawkeye's wrx's

This is a discussion on want to know everything and anything a noob needs to know about hawkeye's wrx's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, ive been thinking about getting a hawkeye lately, i really like the car, but i dont wanna jump ...

want to know everything and anything a noob needs to know about hawkeye's wrx's

hey guys, ive been thinking about getting a hawkeye lately, i really like the car, but i dont wanna jump into a decision, its either that or a IS300, and i wanna make sure im making a good choice, so if you guys could please help me find out a litte about the hawkeye's id love it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What do you want to know, exactly?

2006-2007 are the years of the hawkeyes. They were the first production WRX's to come with the 2.5l motor instead of the 2.0l motor from 2002-2005. It saw a change in gear ratio's, power, and brakes as well as styling inside and out. Power delivery is different than that of the 02-05 WRX due to the larger engine and increased torque. Engine power ratings from that year were changed as well, so they are known for being extremely underrated from the factory as confirmed by many a dyno plot.

There are 3 different models of WRX from that generation, the WRX TR (base basically), WRX, and WRX Limited. The TR had the basic interior, stereo and climate controls. WRX had better seats, autmatic climate control and 6-disc stereo. WRX Limited had the same upgrades as the regular WRX, but with seat heaters, leather interior, and a sunroof.

Brakes increased in diameter from the 02-05 in the rear and the calipers were changed to 4 pot front and 2 pot rear. It is the only generation of WRX with these brakes.

If you need any more information than that, ask specific questions. Hope this helps

edit: Post #666, I am the devil.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 03-06-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

cant go wrong bro
    i love my 06 STi

if you want to learn thats great, but if you have specific question
    list em and well do our best to answer
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Colin McRae
    "If in doubt, flat out." - Colin McRae
    Hawk-eye Alliance #999 06 0bp STi stage 2

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown