Ordered my WRX

This is a discussion on Ordered my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Since I could not get a 2010 wrx in colorado, kansas, wyoming, utah, or new mexico (apparently there are no ...

Ordered my WRX

Since I could not get a 2010 wrx in colorado, kansas, wyoming, utah, or new mexico (apparently there are no wrx hatches) i ordered it from the factory. i got the 2010 base wrx hatch with the spt exhaust, spt boost gauge, sti short throw, sti knob, fog lights, cargo tray, all weather floor mats.
    my price before tax 25,900
    how long do they usually take to get built then from japan to dealer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's a pretty good price. what color did you order? I've been thinking about ordering too and I think it anywhere from 8-12 weeks. what did you purchase it from?

solon subaru, or pueblo colorado. i got white

Good price, I paid 26,500 for my hatch back in December, premium package, no SPT exhaust. I wish I had the SPT exhaust, factory exhaust has no sound at all, sounds terrible.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the WRX!
    Hopefully you won't have to wait to long.
    Your going to love all the SPT mods! Please post pics once you get her.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

i will... i listened to the clips of the spt exhaust and i hope it sounds good. i've been reading this forum for a couple of days reading about the different mods people do. my car is prolly gonna stay stock for a while, but i know eventually the mod bug will bite again.

i wish subaru offered a remote start for these cars. i read something about a subaru remote start but idk if they still offer them

should i have the dealer install a clear bra and tint or should i wait and search for a cheaper price? i will probably stay at colorado's legal limit of 27.5%.

Congrats! SPT exhaust sounds nice.

If the dealer is charging more than $200 for tint go elsewhere. I paid $199 for all windows and most places offer lifetime guarantee against bubbles and whatnot. most factory remote starts do not have a very long range from what ive seen and you dont know for sure if it started or not unless you can see the car. Look into a Viper 5501. I love mine and it has a mile range and the lcd key fob is 2-way so when the car starts it talks back to the key fob letting you know it started. It also unlocks and locks your doors so it replaces the factory fob. Tells you the temp inside your car too. It has a ton of features.

i want something that won't cause me any problems down the road, so preferably has a lifetime warranty. i want something that is also not $600

The shop that installs my aftermarket stuff warranties all their work. If I ever have a problem. They fix it. Key fob stops working. They give me a new one. And the dealership wont offer a lifetime warranty either. Dealership car starters will run you almost the same. The shop that does mine also does a lot of work for all the dealerships where I live. You shouldn't have any problems down the road if you go to a good shop. I wouldn't go to a shady place with people tearing my car apart either with limited experience. I understand where you're coming from. Theres nothing wrong with aftermarket as long as you are smart about it.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club! CONGRATS on the new subie!!! Post up pics when you get it! Hope it don't take to long.

Enjoy the forums!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Congrats! I wish I got the SPT exhaust, the stock one has no sounds
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC