help new to wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help new to wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New here. lookn to buy wrx. i have a spec v and the intake valve ate my butterfly valve and ...

help new to wrx

New here. lookn to buy wrx. i have a spec v and the intake valve ate my butterfly valve and then piston shoved it into sparkplug i put a bandage on it and gonna trade it in while it still runs. (P.O.S.) Question: is there any thing that i should look into replacing or fixing as soon as i get the wrx? I think these cars are sweet and nothing posted will stop me from getting one. just want to know if they have any issues so i can fix them before they spec v me!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What is a spec v?

As for the WRX if you are buying used be very careful and picky. These cars require tuning when modded (excepet for 02 - 03's), and a lot of people end up screwing their cars up.

Look for signs of modding. One easy check is a cut turbo heatshield. Search and you will find guides on what to look out for.

If you are buying new then don't worry too much because Subaru's are very reliable when stock. They are even reliable when modded smartly.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    What is a spec v?
    nissan sentra SE-R spec v

heres something you should give a quick read:

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

just make sure whatever wrx you get is up to date on all its maintenance, oil changes, etc.
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 03-04-2010 at 04:10 AM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

thanks, the spec v is a nissan sentra. thing has alot of issues from the factory. some of wich nissan does not take responsability for. the butterfly valve is like a power valve in normally asperated motors. at a certain rpm the valve opens to allow more air in the motor. 2002 thru 2004 had a problem that the screws holding it would come loose and suck in the motor. my case was a bit worse the whole plate sucked in so i removed the shrapnal and made a new plate, locktighted all the screws, and put it back together. its going by by heres a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0227101707a.jpg   0227101706b.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.