Tune or Detune for MPG - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Tune or Detune for MPG within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Highway my '03 gets in the range of 27-31. around town i'd say between 22-24. i keep my tires a ...

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    Highway my '03 gets in the range of 27-31. around town i'd say between 22-24. i keep my tires a little more inflated. and i try and keep unnecessary weight out of my car at all times. and keep up with oil changes and Air filters.
    2003 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    i have a stock 09 and i drive mostly highway cruising 65-75 range and have never seen anything above 23mpg...30 sounds insanely high to me..wish i was seeing those numbers
    after i got a speeding ticket i'm on cruise control at 65 all the time and nver punch it anymore and thats the kind of numbers i see

cruise control makes a big difference to

I have a 2010 and my city mileage is around 21 with highway at 23. One the highway I am usually doing around 75.

Going 60-65 my mileage will go up to around 25 and through a 45 mph construction zone it goes up to 29. From 65 and up the mileage goes down a lot.

This is why the feds instituted the 55mph limit back in the 70's. It really does save gas.

From what I have read, the older WRX's seem to get better mileage. The newer ones get the HP boost and use a little more fuel. I also noticed that when cruising 45-55 MPG is pretty good, when going anything past 65, it gets steadily worse. Boy, if the car only had a 6th gear, I'll bet highway mileage would improve!

2009 WRX
    Mostly seem to average between 25 and 26 on the highway (60-65mpg).

2009 WRX hatch

9500 miles total - life average of 23.5

Highway(65-70) in winter w/ winter tires and ski rack - 23.5 mpg

Highway(65-70) in summer w/ summer tires and no rack - 28 mpg

Around town - 22-25 mpg

Unless stop and go around town, I really haven't dropped below 20 even with letting the car warm up in the winter and just driviing a few spirited miles thorugh town.

I use 93 as 91 is near impossible to find. Castrol Syntec every 3500 miles. Guess I'm just lucky

Well with moderate mods and (NO TUNE) and average 75-80 mph, I still average 24-26 MPG.on the highway. In the city and Not revving hard 20-21. If I hit it hard 16-19 in the city.

2002 WRX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    just got 28.4 MPG on highway for 300 miles averaging around 75 mph. Best fuel economy I have ever gotten for over a 150 mile range.

Usually I get around 18-19 mpg in city.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I have a 2010 WRX with only about 300-400 miles on it. So far - it is getting about 20-21 mixed with city/highway 50%/50%. I usually go 65-70mph on the highway. Things should get better as we break the car in.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got my best ever fuel economy.

2L, M15W-40 Turbodiesel oil, 225/50/16 Goodyear F1 GS-D3. Shifted as early as possible, no A/C use. Mostly motorway.

30,67 mpg.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Just got my best ever fuel economy.

2L, M15W-40 Turbodiesel oil, 225/50/16 Goodyear F1 GS-D3. Shifted as early as possible, no A/C use. Mostly motorway.

30,67 mpg.
    you're hypermiling now
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.