Hi i'm new here and i would love to join the subie community so here is the run down...
So i will be getting out of High School soon and being going off to college and need a car with better mpg. I currently get 8mpg. I will be going to York and will need an AWD car do be able to go to work while i'm in school and also to have some fun . Mom said it's cool if i get a wrx and said she will chip in a bit for it too. So i read some articles on them and the new "Project Car" magizine featered an article on a "junkyard mod" car, It was a 02 wrx. In short they but some used sti parts exhust and a few other goodies and got another 150 whp out of the car. I'm not looking to go that extreme but i saw how mod friendly these cars are. But my questions come in at:
1) How reliable are these cars? 02-03 WRX
2) Should i trust a car that has been modded?
3) Any things to look for in a modded car or unmodded that should not be there or will lead to money
4) The most amount of milies i should trust one with used.
5) Ant weak points in the cars?
6) How expensive are they? I have about 10k at the most to buy one. I would prefear around 8k
8) If this is a complete fail please tell me a wiser course to take. I would really like a wrx at these point but i could live without.
Thanks in advance,
BTW: I drive a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 v6 quad cab st with a 6ft bed a 4spd auto and 108k on it. And i to about 10% highway driving and 90% city. But will be more balanced in college.