Mechanical Bug Eye Issue

This is a discussion on Mechanical Bug Eye Issue within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, My Bug eye 2001 WRX keeps stalling at lights as soon as im slowing down the idle just drops ...

Thumbs down Mechanical Bug Eye Issue

Hey,

My Bug eye 2001 WRX keeps stalling at lights as soon as im slowing down the idle just drops and it stalls on me.
    Ive taken it to Mechanics and they have checked vaccum leaks and scan tools but still no results.
    I was just wondering, someone said to me Airflow sensor i tried getting the part No luck no one carries them these days.

I wanted to ask you guys just incase someone might have had the same problem...
    Its intermittent so it wont happen when you want it to so the mechanic can see it.

So frustrated cause you will be stopping at a set of light and have to keep the revs up so i dont stall and i look like a sad C!@#. If anyone has any suggestion would like to hear them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Who told you air flow sensor? How long have you owned the car?modifications? Have you replaced the fuel filter? Spark plugs?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

yeha i have checked them and there fine would a faulty leed be dooing it or even faulty spark plugs

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at threads describing problems with the IACV and see if those symptoms fit your problems too.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.