Bang for Buck V4 STI Upgrades?

This is a discussion on Bang for Buck V4 STI Upgrades? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi I live in New Zealand and just got a used 97 V4 STI last week I want to know ...

Bang for Buck V4 STI Upgrades?

Hi I live in New Zealand and just got a used 97 V4 STI last week

I want to know what the best bang for buck power upgrades I could get for my car. My budget right now is only small about $1500NZD $1000ish US)

Car already has the following upgrades prom the previous owner:
    HKS Pod filter
    RAGE muffler (don't think this increases performance)
    Drift Side front mount intercooler ( probably decreases performance a little but don't have the original top mount for it)
    HKS Turbo Timer
    ANZ 18" Wheels
    Lowered on Springs (cant remember brand)

I was thinking maybe new injectors, fuel pump and a re-tune? I have been told that exaust system is the best bang for buck upgrade? But New Zealand maybe passing a law that does not let your cars exhaust sound any louder than when it comes out of the factory so holding of on that one right now.

My goal is to make it go harder than your standard v4-v6 STI and to justify the silly front mount the previous owner put on

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome , lets see some pics of the V4 "classic" scooby

,check to see if it has cats on the up-pipe/ downpipe / midpipe , a decatted uppipe & downpipe would help with nice power increase

injectors and upgraded fuel pump with re-tune would def work

also you may want to check out local NZ Subaru clubs/ forums

Welcome to ClubSub

and

WRXSTI Club
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-27-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

hey! my names Aden, im from new zealand aswell, i just bought a v4 sti aswell, bout a mounth ago, and plan on doing some engine work to it, your first goal should be a decent exaust, 3'' from turbo and cut out the cat on up pipe, you should notice the difference, if you have the money go for some headers, you can get unequal length if you prefrethe boxer sound or equal length if you wont the honda sound.

im, jus wondering what turbo do you have, it should be a vf24??? im planing on replacing mine, with a vf22.. sooo i can get more top end, and more boost, you can also do injectors, fuel pump etc, but make sure you get it tyuned properly. the front mount should be fine, you shouldnt notice too much lag, but i do prefre top mount for more response.