Ok so I dont own a WRX just yet. I have been giving it some serious thought as to making it my new daily versus my current daily 95 300zx NA. Thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I am considering trading in my 95 300zx NA to come to the Subaru family. It was a toss up between the EVO and WRX but I lean towards the WRX because of DSM's history.
After taking a buddy's 2006 up to the mountains over a weekend, I highly enjoyed the car! Although his was non-turbo, which he tells me they offer a turbo version to gap his and the STi. I like the more seating option, and the sedan comfort, while still being able to have fun.
I am still confused about the WRX/Subaru Family. I know they are flat engines, and the STi is the godzilla out of the bunch. Here are some of my questions:
1. Is there a turbo version (filling the gap of non-turbo and STi)?
2. How do I know which is turbocharged and non? Obviously I am looking to go with the turbocharged version, but not quite the STi. I dont want to be tempted into making another track car. Just something with bolt-ons to support a boost raise, and more aggressive suspension.
3. I want a non "bug-eyed" sedan, which I believe is 2006-2007? Correct me if wrong.
4. Would you recommend a turbo-WRX (if there is) as a daily?
5. What can I expect as cost of maintenance and OEM (or better) parts for repair? Pocket drainer but highly rewarded? Or cheap maintenance with high rewards? Am I going to be spending a lot of time working on it over enjoying it? I am ASE so I know what I'm doing, just haven't put a lot of research on these.
6. Would a turbo-WRX (if there is) be a practical daily?
7. On average what would I be expecting to pay for a well maintained turbo-WRX in the 2006 range? Dont want to over pay... Understandable right?
Sorry hope I dont get flammed or bashed on for asking these question... I am just looking for insight not only from WRX owners, but enthusiast. Sure you will be leaning towards the WRX, as I would tell you about the Z-Family. But I want honest answers.
Thanks for your time and future answering!