Ordered a 2010: Warranty question

This is a discussion on Ordered a 2010: Warranty question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all. Been reading this forum for a while and finally ordered a 2010 wrx premium and joined the forum! ...

Ordered a 2010: Warranty question

Hi all. Been reading this forum for a while and finally ordered a 2010 wrx premium and joined the forum! Ordered it in January and is supposed to show up in March sometime. I had a question as to whether or not people are buying an extended warranty. I would like to eventually do a few mods (I like BigSky's car), so does this mean I should pass on the warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kd5gwf View Post
    Hi all. Been reading this forum for a while and finally ordered a 2010 wrx premium and joined the forum! Ordered it in January and is supposed to show up in March sometime. I had a question as to whether or not people are buying an extended warranty. I would like to eventually do a few mods (I like BigSky's car), so does this mean I should pass on the warranty?
    I would only do it if:

a) You keep the car stock, except for dealer installed SPT parts; and...

b) They offer a reimbursement of the warranty if you do not make a claim against it during the period it's active.

Otherwise, waste of money...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

That's a good point. Is the price negotiable on these things? They will do reimbursements? Also, I heard you can just wait a couple years and then get it but that it may be more.

What about the maintenance plan? They claim it saves 40%. Course that's 40% of the dealers cost for maintenance.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Depends on the mods being done.

Maintenance plan depends on what you want or can do. I've never had my car into the dealer for anything. I like to do my own maintenance. I get paranoid when someone else touches my car. But that's just me...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)