New and need help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New and need help! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys.. i recently have decided to ditch my 07 Si and get a WRX.. ive been looking at a ...

New and need help!

hey guys.. i recently have decided to ditch my 07 Si and get a WRX.. ive been looking at a 2002 WRX with 33,500 miles on it. the guys asking 14,500... im wondering if this sounds like a decent deal for one, and if there have been ay™∑

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Although that mileage is low, the price is too high. You can get an 06 wrx with 40-50k for the same price. The 06s also have a better engine (2.5l vs 2.0l and are known to overall be a little bit better than the older models.)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzoSi View Post
    hey guys.. i recently have decided to ditch my 07 Si and get a WRX.. ive been looking at a 2002 WRX with 33,500 miles on it. the guys asking 14,500... im wondering if this sounds like a decent deal for one, and if there have been ay™∑
    Sorry what is the last word in your post?

The price is high IMO, BTW.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You sure you want to ditch your SI? I ditched my 07 SI for a 2010 WRX, am disappointed with it as a DD- especially gas mileage. You'll miss the gas mileage for commuting. I'd keep the SI for your DD, get the WRX for track racing.....

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi and Welcome to the club!

On the car, do you have any idea what has been done to it? You want to be sure to have it inspected. 14,500 is alittle high. For a low mile wrx with no issues and a straight body I might pay 12,000.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sorry what is the last word in your post?

The price is high IMO, BTW.
    sorry, i submitted it by accident... what i was gonna say is how reliable are these cars? its got quite a bit done to it.. 650 injectors, tein basic coils, turbo & afr gauges, turbo xs stealth exhaust, rota rims, stock rims, step colder plugs, sti top mount intercooler, HIDs, fogs, cusco sway bars & end links, APS cold air.. says it makes 298 to the wheels, dynoed at cobb in plano....what do you guys think? also im not too much worried about gas mileage, most of my driving is highway and i burned tons of gas in the Si cuz once you go over 70 it just drains gas... any help would be great. if you guys have any opinions as to which parts are good or not so good please let me know.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzoSi View Post
    sorry, i submitted it by accident... what i was gonna say is how reliable are these cars? its got quite a bit done to it.. 650 injectors, tein basic coils, turbo & afr gauges, turbo xs stealth exhaust, rota rims, stock rims, step colder plugs, sti top mount intercooler, HIDs, fogs, cusco sway bars & end links, APS cold air.. says it makes 298 to the wheels, dynoed at cobb in plano....what do you guys think? also im not too much worried about gas mileage, most of my driving is highway and i burned tons of gas in the Si cuz once you go over 70 it just drains gas... any help would be great. if you guys have any opinions as to which parts are good or not so good please let me know.
    Definite no then. Do NOT buy someone elses toy, especially if they're charging over bluebook for it. With standard cars these days, modifications do NOT add value to your vehicle. If you're okay with purchasing a car overpriced that has been modified and driven by someone you don't know, then go for it, but you'd be a lot better off going with an unmodified car for cheaper and doing the modification yourself.

You won't see any better gasmilage out of this car either, trust me on that one.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 02-25-2010 at 02:42 AM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    +1. run very far away from that mess.

buy something thats 100% stock

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.