GearChanges

This is a discussion on GearChanges within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All, Just a quick question, when i change gears, i find it pretty stiff to change between gears, is ...

GearChanges

Hey All,

Just a quick question, when i change gears, i find it pretty stiff to change between gears, is this a normal trait of the subies?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thechef View Post
    Hey All,

Just a quick question, when i change gears, i find it pretty stiff to change between gears, is this a normal trait of the subies?

Cheers
    You are in the middle of summer, right?

If it were cold I could almost see it happening, but if it's warm out like I suspect then either things have changed dramatically with the Subaru gearboxes or we are not thinking in the same terms.

My box feels vague, not stiff. It's not like going through concrete mix when trying to shift, for example; it's more like using a "loose" linkage. There is some difficulty getting through the specific cogs though -- just before the next gear is selected the shifter gets hard to move into the slot. If that's what you're talking about then I do have that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Mine is stiffish but its a 6 speed as well. The first couple of stops, when going into first its a ***** sometimes.
    Last edited by Stitches; 02-24-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Mine goes in like butter, unless if I'm at high revs even at that it's still not too bad.