Hello from Tulsa OK

This is a discussion on Hello from Tulsa OK within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello subie world! Well i owned a 04 subaru Impreza WRX for only a few months before RIP she was ...

Hello from Tulsa OK

Hello subie world!
    Well i owned a 04 subaru Impreza WRX for only a few months before RIP she was totaled not because of me but because a truck (18 wheel'r) smashed into her, and then i bought a Hyundai Elantra, a 2008 model. now your prolly like , and thats okay, it was a good car. But ive been missing the fun of a performance car for 2 years. So for the last year i had been planing on getting a new Genesis coupe, and it was a great idea. But my friend who owns a 03 WRX is selling it, and im gonna try to buy it here real soon. and with the money i get from selling my Elantra i will have some major tuning money. Ive always loved subies and my dad had one, i had one, both my grandparents have brand new subies and it has re-lit my want for one.

So i should talk about me i guess, Im Collin im about to go to college, and i am aspiring to become a Art director, i want to get a college degree then hopefully i can land a job at a Car Magazine company and work my way up. Right now i am trying to get through my last year of high school. I hang out with the clean tuners, not your ricers and gangsta wanna be's. All my buddies haze me because i bought a Hyundai but i have to say they are great cars, but for a tuner they are not the best cars. But im glad i will be getting my AWD turbo on here soon it was well missed.

my closest fiends drive a 06 RSX that has the Type-R motor/tranny with the LSD and full exhaust and a WR intake, XXR 06 rims with the red lip that match the red of his car, and he has a nice lip kit that flows with the lines of the car. My other friend has a 93 Civic Integra motor swapped with full exhaust, some kind of intake (dont remember what kind). my other friend has a imported Skyline that is the g version though i believe they called it the Gt350 skyline, it is still really clean. really i hang out with a bunch of JDM'rs that love/live/and breathe car enthusiasm.

thanks for reading my intro.
    -Collin (CWLTT)

Hey i have a question what are some good sites to find performance parts specifically for the Subie?
    soon to be converted to JDM again from KDM...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CWLTT View Post
    i bought a Hyundai Elantra, a 2008 model. now your prolly like , and thats okay, it was a good car.
    Hyundai have made tremendous progress IMO and have accomplished a great deal in very little time. Their interiors have improved, their warranties are very long, their motors have gone from at best 2nd tier imports (Mitsu stuff...) to competitive in every class, and their level of finish is now also very competitive.

with the money i get from selling my Elantra i will have some major tuning money.
    Save it for college instead. It always ends up costing more money than one might think and you will need at least a safety net fund. Money spent on modifying cars is at best "fun money." Prioritize on bigger things.

All my buddies haze me because i bought a Hyundai but i have to say they are great cars,
    They generally are, you're right.

but for a tuner they are not the best cars.
    Consider not being a "tuner." It's cheaper, leaves you more free time for more important things, and there's less stuff breaking all the time.

Hey i have a question what are some good sites to find performance parts specifically for the Subie?
    Look over the list of vendors registered for this site, as well as the site sponsors. Once you find a company that looks interesting, you can check their reviews by other users on this site to make an informed decision. "Buy" the vendor, not the product -- opt for professionalism and customer service first.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club Colin!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

thanks for the warm welcoming.
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Um, my 03 WRX wont have its turbo bc, well something happened to it . , but im looking for a new turbo, any suggestions and input??? im open to anything.
    Bugeye Mafia member #320