New 2010 WRX

This is a discussion on New 2010 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all Just bought a 2010 WRX, and I love it. Its my first manual so its taking me time ...

New 2010 WRX

Hey all

Just bought a 2010 WRX, and I love it.

Its my first manual so its taking me time to get used to it. Anyone have any tips for me on that.

Thanks in advance and hope to see a fellow driver in pittsburgh
    Last edited by greenjo; 02-22-2010 at 06:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by greenjo View Post
    Hey all

Just bought a 2010 WRX, and I love it.

Its my first manual so its taking me time to get used to it. Anyone have any tips for me on that.

Thanks in advance and hope to see a fellow driver in pittsburgh

Personally I found this car more difficult to drive than other sticks. It seems pretty picky, espescially from a stop with how much gas to give it. Too little and it'll die like no other, too much gas and well.. thats probably not the best for clutch life.

Practice in parking lots/neighborhoods.

Congrats!

Congrats on the new ride1 Just got my 2010 WRX Limited hatch about 2 weeks ago, love it. I live south of Pittsburgh and I got mine at Bowser on 51. It's a blast to drive!

Congrats!
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq(Sold)
    1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
    1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
    2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)

Learning to drive a manual is tough at first, then you will pick it up and its second nature. Good news on your new ride, once you learn to drive this car, no manual will ever be an issue for you again. I have only ever driven an automatic car less than 10 times in my life. I will never own a automatic, it seems far too dangerous. I want total control over the car.

As far as tips, spend a few hours in a large empty parking lot, to learn how to get from stop to 1st. Get comfortable with that, since you'll do it alot. after that all the other gear swtichs are much easier. if you want to, learning how to properly downshift, although its not needed, its much more fun to drive up and down the gears.

Good luck and grats on your new ride.

Welcome!! Pics????

You may find it easier to very slightly blip the throttle and catch it with the clutch to pull off as opposed to slipping it.

Seems to work great for me and reduces the stalls after some practice. Also dont launch your car really hard, the clutch will last 5 minutes.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and conrats on the new scooby
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Hey, I'll be joining the group here shortly!!! Hi from the South Hills also!

I'm going to be ordering from Bowser or #1 Cochran. I'm seeing which will work with me with what options I want to get!

Looking at the WRX Limited Hatchback (I think, I still can decide on that or the Sedan).

Hopefully though in the next 12 weeks or so, I should have a new one. Going with the Spark Silver!

I CAN NOT wait!!!! The test drive I took put a smile from ear to ear on me!

If anyone wants to get together sometime for a small meet, I'd be up for it. Course I won't have mine for a little while here. But I'm ordering the Short Throw Shifter and the SPT Exhaust on the car. So hopefully I won't have to do any mods for a good while. That'll let me spend some more money on the Trans Am WS6 till I get it set how I want it then go nuts on the Subaru. Course who knows it might go the other way around... ha ha. That's if I can find money for doing much modding.

Anyways, Hello ClubWRX!!!

-Dan