new here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the title says I am new on this forum I just bought a 2003 subaru wrx this past Saturday. ...

new here

As the title says I am new on this forum I just bought a 2003 subaru wrx this past Saturday. When I bought this car it came with two things one being a turbo xs manual boost controller and the other being a blitz full auto turbo timer. Here in lies my questions after reading the reviews about the mbc it doesn't seem like something I would want nor need. Therefore I was wondering if I remove it would it have any adverse affects towards my turbo and motor. My second question is my turbo timer is supposed to keep my car running when I turn the key off for at least 20 to 30 seconds. But when I do it just shuts the car off immediately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. My car also came with a brullen turbo back exhaust system just thought I would through that in there if it helps at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegy View Post
    Here in lies my questions after reading the reviews about the mbc it doesn't seem like something I would want nor need. Therefore I was wondering if I remove it would it have any adverse affects towards my turbo and motor.
    Hello,

Neither item is necessary. To remove the MBC you need to find out what else has been done to the car. For example, look closely at threads describing the "restrictor pill" and then see how exactly your car has been modified in order to correct whatever's been done.

My second question is my turbo timer is supposed to keep my car running when I turn the key off for at least 20 to 30 seconds. But when I do it just shuts the car off immediately.
    This could be a setting problem or the device could be disconnected for all we know. Since you don't need a turbo timer anyway I'd not worry and I'd consider removing/selling to someone that at least thinks they do need it.

Another thought: there was a Blitz unit that actually was useful, in that it showed boost pressure as well as being a (useless to you) turbo timer. Does your device show boost? If so, keep it.

My car also came with a brullen turbo back exhaust system just thought I would through that in there if it helps at all.
    It does, in that we know it's been modified. If you have a CEL showing on the dash, fix it. If you do not have a CEL, the previous owner fixed it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and Welcome! Enjoy the forums. lots of great info here.

looks like your questions were answered ... keep us posted.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. feel free to explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Hello,

Neither item is necessary. To remove the MBC you need to find out what else has been done to the car. For example, look closely at threads describing the "restrictor pill" and then see how exactly your car has been modified in order to correct whatever's been done.

This could be a setting problem or the device could be disconnected for all we know. Since you don't need a turbo timer anyway I'd not worry and I'd consider removing/selling to someone that at least thinks they do need it.

Another thought: there was a Blitz unit that actually was useful, in that it showed boost pressure as well as being a (useless to you) turbo timer. Does your device show boost? If so, keep it.

It does, in that we know it's been modified. If you have a CEL showing on the dash, fix it. If you do not have a CEL, the previous owner fixed it.
    I appreciate the warm greetings from everyone and sd gr I went a head and took the mbc off. Also there has been nothing else done to the car other than the exhaust. On that turbo timer there is a volt gauge and temp gauge. No boost gauge so I went a head and put one on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi welcome aboard and congrats on the WRX!
    If you have any pics I would love to see them.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

here are some pics

I Support ClubWRX
    where are you located?

Get a local that's bright with the vehicle to help you out.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

lol Subaru from Mitsubishi dealer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    where are you located?

Get a local that's bright with the vehicle to help you out.
    I live in Fort Worth Tx

Quote Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
    lol Subaru from Mitsubishi dealer!
    Yeh its pretty ironic I was surprised that they even had one lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegy View Post
    I live in Fort Worth Tx
    I was there last week. Angelo's BBQ is amazing.

Find a local to help ya out.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I looked at a couple of shops one in arlington called alamo autosports. Then Cobb tuning out in Plano not really to sure on which one I want to go with though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast