2010 WRX Limited

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX Limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a 2010 WRX Limited Edition -- the one with the leather seats etc. The dealership I went ...

2010 WRX Limited

I just bought a 2010 WRX Limited Edition -- the one with the leather seats etc.
    The dealership I went to gave me a pretty smoking deal on it (especially considering I'm a first time car buyer.)

One thing Im curious about is the extended Warranty. they sold me on the extended warranty by bumping my financing rate from 5.9 to 3.9, again I'm a first time buyer, with a big down payment, so I feel comfortable spending a few extra bucks a month on the warranty, but one thing Im not sure about is if its actually worth it? I do realize that even with the better rate the warranty still COST me money.
    This car will be my daily driver, and I have a very long commute, I'll be putting around 20,000 miles on it per year, so I bought the 5 year/100,000 mile warranty.

I guess my real question is, how much peace of mind did I actually buy? I can sell the warranty back. I know everyone is different, but I'd like to see what the general consensus would be on the extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of miles are you putting on the car? i guess it would depend on the type of miles and how spirited your driving may be. Nothing is wrong with an extended warranty as long as you got the money for it...you never know what could go wrong.

I'm not sure where you are, but Subaru has been offering 1.9% 0r 2.9% financing incentives.....depending on how long you want to finance and how good your cred it is. I'd ask your dealer to get you in on that deal.
    10 WRB WRX Wagon Premium

I bought it because I will put 20-25k miles a year on it. I believe in keeping a car for at least 200k miles so if I can pay a little up front to lower my O&M cost later, I will. This is the first time I have bought an extended warranty though and I only bought this one because it is through Subaru.

yea its 2.9% on the impreza wrx included I dunno where 3.9 came from maybe he wasn't a qualified buyer?

Yeah 1.9% and 2.9% is for 30 months only. Which on $28000 is about an 800 a month payment.

Quote Originally Posted by zalewski22 View Post
    Yeah 1.9% and 2.9% is for 30 months only. Which on $28000 is about an 800 a month payment.
    at least in january it was 1.9 for up to 36.. and 2.9 for up to.. 72 mayby? That was for tier 1, 700+ credit score. Rates probably go up pretty quickly if your history isn't the best. Might be worthwhile to find out your FICO score to know where you are.

^this

Plus as I stated, Im a first time buyer. I have good credit for someone who has never had a loan. but its hard to get 700+ (I should be pretty close) without taking out an auto loan or mortgage. When I'm finished paying off my new WRX Ill be above 700.

Im happy with the deal I got, $300 below Invoice on a Limited WRX with short throw shifter and 3.9% for a first time buyer.

I Support ClubWRX
    3.9 is the best available for longer than 36 months. Especially for someone who has no credit, he stated first time buyer!

Congrats on the purchase man! Personally if your just going to drive the car and not modify it, Id sell the loan back and use that money to change the oil and do every schedualed maintenance by the book to the t. Except where it states oil changed every 6500... Thats just stupid. I do it every 2500... But Im a douche.. Good luck!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Weird. I got 1.9% for 60 and picked up my new 09 premium with heated everything and the SPT package for 25K OTD.
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq(Sold)
    1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
    1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
    2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)

i also brought the warranty on my 09 wrx just because if something brakes including the turbo you will be covered, the list of parts is huge and it's a fairly cheap add on

can you get a co signer with really good credit when your history isn't to get the low rate?

for example, my history isn't bad from not paying things, it just doesn't exist, I never had anything to build credit

Quote Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
    can you get a co signer with really good credit when your history isn't to get the low rate?

for example, my history isn't bad from not paying things, it just doesn't exist, I never had anything to build credit

In my experience with trying to get a car loan earlier this year i learned a couple of things...

Credit history + credit score + income level = ability to get a loan

Another thing I've noticed is that it gets a lot more difficult if you try to get a loan thats more than 15% of your gross income. I'm guessing that the formula for it is something like (gross income / 12) * .15 = general monthly limit... I could be wrong though.

Also it helps a lot if you are a recent college grad and can get into that program. However, I was told that the rates there are about 1-2% higher than the "apr as low as" advertised rate.

Hello, I am a new member to this site but I read it often. I'm graduating college in May and I've got my heart set on a 2010 WRX limited. I guess my basic question, since this is my first car purchase, is what are my payments going to be like (including insurance) for this car?

Also, I've read about rumors that there will only be 500 of these cars shipped to the US. Will there still be some around when I am ready to purchase this summer? Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Your best way to find out is go on subarus website and they have a payment calculator you can put in a down payment and financing info (rate and term length). As a college graduate you get any special financing rates, which have been really good. Insurance varies greatly (age,gender,driving history) best thing to do is get guotes from all the companies.
    Stink Eye Mob 305
    2008 WRX sedan WR Blue
    2010 STi WR blue (ordered)