New found believer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New found believer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey fellas! I just picked up my 1st subie today. I got myself a blue 2007 WRX TR, and I ...

New found believer

Hey fellas!

I just picked up my 1st subie today. I got myself a blue 2007 WRX TR, and I must say.... I love it. I want this car to last about.... the rest of my life lol. Not to mention its my first turbo charged car. What can I do for my new baby to keep her happy, especially when it comes to keeping that turbo maintained?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Regular oil changes are a must, and keeping up with regular maintenance. Don't go overboard, but be sure to stay up on it. Barring any unforseen mechanical issues, should last you a good long while.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JW-RX View Post
    What can I do for my new baby to keep her happy, especially when it comes to keeping that turbo maintained?
    Follow the manufacturer's maintenance schedule to the letter using authentic replacement parts.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah you should do that for any car you own. Unfortunately the dealer did not have the book so they ordered me one. Hopefuly it arrives soon. I'm anctious to flip through it.

Has any one ever had that platinum colored tint on their windows? Is it pretty dark on the inside? It would really go with my rims I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0086.jpg   IMG_0087.jpg   IMG_0088.jpg  

Wow, I purchased my '05 from the same dealership!! Small world. Well, anywho.. welcome to the forums.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Haha thanks. Yeah they ha d a 04 STI up there too. But that one had been moded. The WRX I got was cherry. No mods except for a boost gauge and a Subaru Momo shift knob.

It's going to be my new daily driver so I dont plan on any heavy mods. Maybe a TBE and and acces port later on. Just a little somthing to get a little performance boost with out adding unecessary wear in tear. What would you guys recomend?

I have become a firm believer in the Subie! I recently traded in my '05 Imprezza 2.5RS for a '10 WRX premium and love it! I have owned a bunch of VW's prior to my subies and probably won't go back... Haven't done any mods other than a thule rack system and tinted the windows. Any recomendations for wheels out there? I have 2 sets of tires and don't want to deal with remounting every 6 months.

Haha thanks. Yeah they ha d a 04 STI up there too. But that one had been moded. The WRX I got was cherry. No mods except for a boost gauge and a Subaru Momo shift knob.

It's going to be my new daily driver so I dont plan on any heavy mods. Maybe a TBE and and acces port later on. Just a little somthing to get a little performance boost with out adding unecessary wear in tear. What would you guys recomend?
    Yeah, the blue STi right? It was there several months ago. I orginally went up there to drive / buy a white STi, but it had been abused / modded in its past. So I got my cherry, un-modded '05.
    As for TBE... Cobb sounds nice and you could get the package deal for the TBE and AccessPort. There are so many options out there though... do you want loud, quiet, stock looking or angled canister??
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

hey where are you from... and which place did you buy your car from, if you dont mind me asking
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check your oil at least every thousand miles if not more

Turbo subies have a way of making oil disappear unexpectedly.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    ... and which place did you buy your car from ...
    I can answer that one for the OP. He purchased the vehicle from Jeff's Motor Cars up in North Canton, Ohio... same place I picked up my '05.
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    I have that silverish looking mirror type tint factory on our lexus. It is just as dark on the inside as a normal tint job. Personally I wouldnt get it. You can tell more easily when the windows are dirty.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Haha yeah I can see how they can be hard to keep clean. My bathroom mirror gets speckled to hell some how. I couldn't imagine using it for a window on my car lol.

pdrpowerofwrx, I love a nice deep growl, don't get me wrong. This car being a daily drive,r I want to keep it some what low key. I would like a little noise but I don't want every cop in town to hear me coming..... Not that it matters, it's just that cops like to pick on us import fans.

Any one in the Morgantown Wv area? I hav'nt seen much of an import scene here. Not like in Dallas any ways. I would love to find out where some meets are in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Check your oil at least every thousand miles if not more

Turbo subies have a way of making oil disappear unexpectedly.
    This is the type of sooby specific info im lookng for! Ty, good info.
    What oil does your sooby like?

...pdrpowerofwrx, I love a nice deep growl, don't get me wrong. This car being a daily drive,r I want to keep it some what low key. I would like a little noise but I don't want every cop in town to hear me coming..... Not that it matters, it's just that cops like to pick on us import fans...
    Cobb, BPM TT, Borla to name a few that have a nice deep growl / rumble. However, search Youtube and you'll find a ton of WRX exhaust videos. Happy modding.
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.