yep, i'm new - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on yep, i'm new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; alright so i've done some research. Apparently i need stage 2 tune and it will fix my problems. Check engine ...

alright so i've done some research. Apparently i need stage 2 tune and it will fix my problems. Check engine light should go off, cruise light should go off, and better mpg with more power.

so if i spend $595 my car will begin to run right with no check lights flashing. you know, having second thoughts about this car.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CRFX528
    alright so i've done some research. Apparently i need stage 2 tune and it will fix my problems. Check engine light should go off, cruise light should go off, and better mpg with more power.

so if i spend $595 my car will begin to run right with no check lights flashing. you know, having second thoughts about this car.....
    You can get it done cheaper. It would probably be in the $300-400 range if you went to a shop and had them use OpenECU to tune the car (which considering the $595 I'm guessing you're thinking the AccessPORT - that won't work with your intake, you need a custom tune).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

yes i was looking at the accessport.

Can my subaru dealer do a openECU tune on it? I'm really just wanting my car to run right... its an 06 it shouldn't be having these problems and its really starting to make me regret it

I Support ClubWRX
    Can my subaru dealer do a openECU tune on it? I'm really just wanting my car to run right... its an 06 it shouldn't be having these problems and its really starting to make me regret it
    Doubt it.

UNYSOC

alright, so i'm familiar with like Bullydog chips for trucks. have a buddy thats making 500rwhp from his Crazy larry chip on his 05 cummins. Split the intercooler twice and spun the bearings right outta the turbo, but my question is, is this the same concept? if i get a chip plug it in is it a plug and play adjust my settings and roll on?

i'm still loving the car its just little things are really frustrating me. i'm really trying to avoid high price mechanics touching my car and spending time with the dyno, i'd love to do it but income just isn't available for that at the moment.

Whats the cheapest most effective route i could go? Remember, im not racing this car its not trying to become a 10second car and i just want my check lights off and for it to be safe to run. There is a programmer in my area ( accessport stage 1 for 06 subaru 5 speed) listed at 125$ . Would this help me?

I Support ClubWRX
    Whats the cheapest most effective route i could go? Remember, im not racing this car its not trying to become a 10second car and i just want my check lights off and for it to be safe to run. There is a programmer in my area ( accessport stage 1 for 06 subaru 5 speed) listed at 125$ . Would this help me?
    Three options:

Get a custom tune for the mods on your car.

Sell the Injen intake and buy an OEM airbox, and then the Cobb AP would work (as long as it's unmarried - if not, you have a paperweight because the version 1 APs are no longer supported).

Put the car back to stock until you can afford engine management.

UNYSOC

i believe i found a place local that can do a custom tune, no prices yet but i'll see..

Just curious, is this a fraud?
    2006 06 Impreza WRX STI OBD Fuel/Gas Saver ECU Chip : eBay Motors (item 220491024360 end time Mar-05-10 07:22:03 PST)

And here is that cobb AP
    ***2006 Subaru WRX Cobb Accessport Tuner***
    Last edited by CRFX528; 02-25-2010 at 01:02 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes

Just make sure that it's unmarried

UNYSOC

Alright guys, i did some homework.

My car now has a Stage 2 tune by Scott kalden, found him on the internet and suprising he didn't live too far from me. 75$ and its taken care of. or so i thought.

Check engine light came back on when going across a bridge this morning along with the cruise light. Called the guy that tuned my car and he said the same exact things you guys did. The Injen intake is garbage and causing it to run lean. Sure enough, checked the code and it was running lean. He said being that it was making it that lean he just couldn't tune it to the right pyrameter. althought he did set my boost to 18 instead of 21, fixed my idle to about 900rpm, and fixed my seat belt ding for the driver door (very nice)

Now, i know some of you may frown upon this, but the Injen intake is a 2 piece because it goes down in the fenderwell. Well i took the second piece off and added the filter creating a short intake. The car seems to idle fine and it runs incredible all through the power range. I now know the BOV is what is making the car backfire, exactly what the guy that tuned my car said.

So, in short, Think i still need a stock intake?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.