IMBA VIP Program -- And which car?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on IMBA VIP Program -- And which car? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone, I am looking at using my IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Association) membership towards a discount for a Subaru. ...

IMBA VIP Program -- And which car?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at using my IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Association) membership towards a discount for a Subaru. After lurking on a Subaru Outback forum, it seems to be that they get 2% below invoice with their membership. Anyone have experiences doing this for the WRX?

As for me, I am a bit torn. My wife and I just had a baby. She has a Honda CR-V, but I have a MINI Cooper S. The CR-V is a great family car, but I will have plenty of times that I'm by myself with the kid, car seat, stroller, etc... The MINI is a bit tight for this, plus it's getting up there in mileage anyway so I was looking at something different, though I truly love the car. And no, she doesn't drive stick so switching cars for those times is out...

Anyhow, been looking at the WRX, and the Outback as well. WRX - more fun, Outback - more space. The WRX would be great right now I think, but would I outgrow it? Don't know. Any young families out there with the WRX? The Outback is awful nice, but not a driver's car I guess so it would be a big departure from the MINI.

So that is what I'm looking at. Also looking at a VW GTI - very nice but even smaller than the WRX, and the Jetta TDI Wagon. I'm leaning Subaru because of the discount and the reliability, though the VW's are nice too. VW -flashy interiors and equipment content. Subaru - bulletproof and unbeatable drivetrain.
    Last edited by GT5050; 02-16-2010 at 11:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.