IMBA VIP Program -- And which car?

This is a discussion on IMBA VIP Program -- And which car? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone, I am looking at using my IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Association) membership towards a discount for a Subaru. ...

IMBA VIP Program -- And which car?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at using my IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Association) membership towards a discount for a Subaru. After lurking on a Subaru Outback forum, it seems to be that they get 2% below invoice with their membership. Anyone have experiences doing this for the WRX?

As for me, I am a bit torn. My wife and I just had a baby. She has a Honda CR-V, but I have a MINI Cooper S. The CR-V is a great family car, but I will have plenty of times that I'm by myself with the kid, car seat, stroller, etc... The MINI is a bit tight for this, plus it's getting up there in mileage anyway so I was looking at something different, though I truly love the car. And no, she doesn't drive stick so switching cars for those times is out...

Anyhow, been looking at the WRX, and the Outback as well. WRX - more fun, Outback - more space. The WRX would be great right now I think, but would I outgrow it? Don't know. Any young families out there with the WRX? The Outback is awful nice, but not a driver's car I guess so it would be a big departure from the MINI.

So that is what I'm looking at. Also looking at a VW GTI - very nice but even smaller than the WRX, and the Jetta TDI Wagon. I'm leaning Subaru because of the discount and the reliability, though the VW's are nice too. VW -flashy interiors and equipment content. Subaru - bulletproof and unbeatable drivetrain.
    Last edited by GT5050; 02-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.