Cross bars for new wrx 2010

This is a discussion on Cross bars for new wrx 2010 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Would like advise on load bars for new wrx 2010. Look at Thule web page and they have no information ...

Cross bars for new wrx 2010

Would like advise on load bars for new wrx 2010. Look at Thule web page and they have no information at this time.
    Could get load bars from Subaru, but need to know the tray for the road bike will fit onto the road bar.
    Thank you
    Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yakima for the win. As for the Subaru crossbars, I'm pretty sure your bike tray will fit onto them depending on the mounting hardware on the bike tray

If you go with the factory cross bars, you are pretty much stuck with using the Yakima Forklift. There may be a Thule to fit it but I am not sure. The fit is not great and I didn't like the way it looked. More than that though is the fact that the factory crossbars are very flexy. When I put my 14lb road bike on it they flexed and it was really bad with a 26lb mtb.

I returned them and had my LBS order the Yakima towers and bars. They are a lot stiffer. The landing pads and control towers do not look as good as the factory ones but I am more concerned about the safety of the bikes. With traveling to races 2-3 weekends out of the month, I don't want to hear the bikes rocking.

Another good think about the Yakima bars is that you can use any of their trays. A bad thing is that they are noiser than the factory. I put one of the little wings on and it helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpisgah View Post
    If you go with the factory cross bars, you are pretty much stuck with using the Yakima Forklift. There may be a Thule to fit it but I am not sure. The fit is not great and I didn't like the way it looked. More than that though is the fact that the factory crossbars are very flexy. When I put my 14lb road bike on it they flexed and it was really bad with a 26lb mtb.

I returned them and had my LBS order the Yakima towers and bars. They are a lot stiffer. The landing pads and control towers do not look as good as the factory ones but I am more concerned about the safety of the bikes. With traveling to races 2-3 weekends out of the month, I don't want to hear the bikes rocking.

Another good think about the Yakima bars is that you can use any of their trays. A bad thing is that they are noiser than the factory. I put one of the little wings on and it helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpisgah View Post

Thank you, check on Thule site and they do not have load bars listed yet for the 2010, will check Yakima towers.
    Joe