Having trouble deciding on which to buy

This is a discussion on Having trouble deciding on which to buy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello all. been lurking and learning but up in the air. im leaning towards this - 2004 Subaru WRX 38k ...

Having trouble deciding on which to buy

hello all. been lurking and learning but up in the air. im leaning towards this - 2004 Subaru WRX 38k Org*Many Xtras*Sti Interior*Financing OAC*Turbo!

but looks lowerd and may ride rough.

i look at it 2 morrow.

i looked at this one today. nice juat leary of the higher miles.
    ======06 Subaru Impreza WRX========

any insight would b great. thanks

jiMMy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It cannot be legally registered in CA. What are you going to do for a smog certificate?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

the 06?

he said it just needs the stock down pipe, (which he has). still would need a cat i would think.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club!

"I was born a poor black child ..."

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Neither the 04 nor the 06 will pass scrutiny by anyone with a hint of what they're seeing. Smogging the car should not be your problem; it's the seller's problem. If they can find someone to do it, great, you can drive around for two years or until somebody pulls you over and decides to check and knows what they're seeing -- whichever comes first.

I'd recommend a stock car with a full service history using authentic Subaru parts. That's just me though.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Neither the 04 nor the 06 will pass scrutiny by anyone with a hint of what they're seeing. Smogging the car should not be your problem; it's the seller's problem. If they can find someone to do it, great, you can drive around for two years or until somebody pulls you over and decides to check and knows what they're seeing -- whichever comes first.

I'd recommend a stock car with a full service history using authentic Subaru parts. That's just me though.
    made the trip to check the 04. it was crap, rode like junk and they wouldnt budge on price.

06 guy said smogg is doable just have to put stock pipe on and turn the cobb down

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i wouldnt touch the 06 either.

FMIC? upgraded turbo? etc.

no thanks.

find something completely stock.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
    06 guy said smogg is doable just have to put stock pipe on and turn the cobb down
    If you insist on that car, make him do the doable then and present you with a smog certificate. If you find another car, make it one that's stock, with a full service history, and documented use of authentic Subaru parts for its maintenance. Oh -- and also a smog certificate...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
    He's running an upgraded turbo and [presumably] STi injectors. You can't just remove the DP "turn down" the Cobb. I'd shy away from both...
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

found another i like, looks to b smogg friendly....

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Aspen White 75k mi