forum migration - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

This is a discussion on forum migration within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by EJ257 Your intake is probably restricting you a bit, and would be worthwhile purchasing before your next ...

  1. #31
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Your intake is probably restricting you a bit, and would be worthwhile purchasing before your next tune.
    I would agree. Stock intakes are plenty flowing enough for any VF Turbos...but when stepping up, more flow to an 8cm housing is probably a worthwhile investment, especially when you can get tuned. SPT or APS or something of that nature...a short-ram would be good enough for you.

    As for BOV...my stock BPV was running fine and I was boosting upwards of 23-24psi in the cold weather during WOT pulls. I was tuned to 21psi and it held out fine. If you are planning on upping the boost any further than you have, looking for a better recirc BOV would probably be a benefit for you. Most people will say that the stocker is good til about 20psi.


    btw...LOL at Justin...damn good observations.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,611
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post


    We do have our resident Grammar Nazi's here,
    Where??
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  4. #33
    Registered User jexeffectz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Your intake is probably restricting you a bit, and would be worthwhile purchasing before your next tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I would agree. Stock intakes are plenty flowing enough for any VF Turbos...but when stepping up, more flow to an 8cm housing is probably a worthwhile investment, especially when you can get tuned. SPT or APS or something of that nature...a short-ram would be good enough for you.

    As for BOV...my stock BPV was running fine and I was boosting upwards of 23-24psi in the cold weather during WOT pulls. I was tuned to 21psi and it held out fine. If you are planning on upping the boost any further than you have, looking for a better recirc BOV would probably be a benefit for you. Most people will say that the stocker is good til about 20psi.


    btw...LOL at Justin...damn good observations.
    Thanks for the input. Now it's time to hunt for a short ram intake (i've been undecided until now).

  5. #34
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Where??
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  6. #35
    Registered User jexeffectz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    81
    Soo...I picked up a Perrin big MAF. Would I be over doing it with my 18g? I got it for a really good deal. My thinking was...if I decide to go bigger with my turbo...the Big MAF will work plenty.

  7. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    A stock sized intake will work perfectly fine with an 18G. Don't use the filter though. K&N sells one that will fit. If you do use it, I'll look up the part number.

    If you're not using a FMIC, I would have recommended a CAI or a SRI that would have worked with a heatshield.

  8. #37
    Registered User jexeffectz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    81
    any negative effects of using the Big MAF with my setup? the only issue i can find is that it's hard to tune for. I was pretty sure that I'd have to re-scale my MAF, but would AFR be affected at all?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •