forum migration - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

This is a discussion on forum migration within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX youdipskoalmint My infiltration is now compromised O/T: I was doing really well for a long time ...

  1. #16
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,788
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    youdipskoalmint
    My infiltration is now compromised

    O/T: I was doing really well for a long time with that. Made it 9 months without a dip, but I've fallen off the wagon for the last few weeks
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    My infiltration is now compromised

    O/T: I was doing really well for a long time with that. Made it 9 months without a dip, but I've fallen off the wagon for the last few weeks
    bummer bro...
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  4. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
    Im from NASIOC as well. The forum is too big for me too. And the older members are idiots and *******s. Well, at least most the ones i talked too...
    No offense, but you can't really blame us. If you'd been around that long you'd know why.

  5. #19
    Registered User Stitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    No offense, but you can't really blame us. If you'd been around that long you'd know why.
    I do understand I have been on Nissan forums for a while and been moderator and stuff. But I do not appreciate being hounded for my grammar and other bs when my facts are straight and my posts are good. I mean I didnt take it to heart it just pissed me off and went back and fort with a couple older members for a while. Oh well

  6. #20
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,788
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches
    I do understand I have been on Nissan forums for a while and been moderator and stuff. But I do not appreciate being hounded for my grammar and other bs when my facts are straight and my posts are good. I mean I didnt take it to heart it just pissed me off and went back and fort with a couple older members for a while. Oh well
    Welcome to the Internet
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  7. #21
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,191
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
    I do understand I have been on Nissan forums for a while and been moderator and stuff. But I do not appreciate being hounded for my grammar and other bs when my facts are straight and my posts are good. I mean I didn't take it to heart it just pissed me off and went back and forth with a couple older members for a while. Oh well.

    Spell check
    much?

    Totally kidding ...

    There have been members that butchered the online language to the point they did get piled on. That kind of text hurts to read.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  8. #22
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,031
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post

    Spell check
    much?

    Totally kidding ...

    There have been members that butchered the online language to the point they did get piled on. That kind of text hurts to read.
    :bill:



    We do have our resident Grammar Nazi's here, but they generally just joke around and don't really hold you to it...but some people post stuff that have such terrible grammar and spelling you sometimes have no clue what they are saying. I understand we also have some international members here who may not have the best Engrish and that's ok. But a lot of them try harder and do better than some of the people who do speak English as a first language. Just an observation...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  9. #23
    Registered User jexeffectz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    :bill:



    We do have our resident Grammar Nazi's here, but they generally just joke around and don't really hold you to it...but some people post stuff that have such terrible grammar and spelling you sometimes have no clue what they are saying. I understand we also have some international members here who may not have the best Engrish and that's ok. But a lot of them try harder and do better than some of the people who do speak English as a first language. Just an observation...
    I agree, for the ESL members, it's fine. But for native English speaking folk, I feel it's something important to look at; not for clubWRX's sake, but for their own sake. The real world is cruel, and if you think Grammar Nazi's online are bad, try moving up in a corporate ladder.

    P.S. Mikie:
    I read your intake and bov posts in your sig. A lot of good information. Do you feel I would benefit from one considering my current mods (you can check my mods in my sig). And with my current BOV, if I plan on running 21 or 22 psi, do you think it will hold up or should I look into something aftermarket like Forge?

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    17
    NASIOC, SLCsubaru, rs25.com, and here. I started here a several years ago. I just forgot my info and didn't log on for a year or two. Which is why I only have like, 10 posts here, haha.
    2006 CGM WRX, bone stock. ...For now.

  11. #25
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,788
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jexeffectz
    I read your intake and bov posts in your sig. A lot of good information. Do you feel I would benefit from one considering my current mods (you can check my mods in my sig). And with my current BOV, if I plan on running 21 or 22 psi, do you think it will hold up or should I look into something aftermarket like Forge?
    Your intake is probably restricting you a bit, and would be worthwhile purchasing before your next tune.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
    I do understand I have been on Nissan forums for a while and been moderator and stuff. But I do not appreciate being hounded for my grammar and other bs when my facts are straight and my posts are good. I mean I didnt take it to heart it just pissed me off and went back and fort with a couple older members for a while. Oh well
    Well, I personally am not really one to grammar nazi unless they butcher the English language or use the wrong terms for parts (wheels vs rims).

    The reason is due to the changes in the caliber of the membership. Back when I joined in 2002, these were the NASIOC members.





    Forward to 2010, this is your average Subaru "enthusiast":





    8 yrs ago you had all the wrenchers, innovators, and people willing to learn. Nowadays you have people who the most "work" they've done on the car is posing in front of it with the hood up wearing their brotato clothes. People who don't know anything and then instead of making an attempt to learn, they play off that they know what's best and everyone else is wrong. Subaru has been turning into the new high schooler Honda and ricer VW crowd for years. It gets very frustrating. I made this chart a while back about the level of intelligence on there.

    Last edited by brfatal; 02-11-2010 at 10:31 AM.

  13. #27
    Registered User jexeffectz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    81
    ^

    That graph is awesome...

    pics added at the OP

  14. #28
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,191
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jexeffectz View Post
    ^

    That graph is awesome...

    pics added at the OP
    Nice pics!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  15. #29
    Registered User Stitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX
    Posts
    103


    This is true. I would say this kid is about at the vegetable level. Whats wrong with his legs lol? Well I hope this forum doesn't degrade...

  16. #30
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,592
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    same boat here. I've been a scooby newbie for about 4 years now
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Me too - I'm ~3XX in terms of posts
    I've been a member since 1/04 and I've posted a whopping 71 times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •