new 2009 Wrx owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new 2009 Wrx owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys what's up I heard this was a great site where people were a little nicer than say NASIOC. ...

YepHAHA

new 2009 Wrx owner

Hey guys what's up I heard this was a great site where people were a little nicer than say NASIOC. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. I want to go Stage 11 on my WRX but i'm afraid of the warranty. What's everyone's experience with dealerships are they very mod friendly? i used to have a Cobalt SS and the Chevy dealers were pretty good about modifications but I don't know how they are with Subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YepHAHA View Post
    Hey guys what's up I heard this was a great site where people were a little nicer than say NASIOC.
    You heard wrong, leave now or be shunned!

I want to go Stage 11 on my WRX but i'm afraid of the warranty.
    Is that the Stage with the flux capacitor?

Hi and welcome. Are you asking if you do a undealership mod will they kill the warranty? Or are you asking if the dealership will work on a modded cor?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post

Welcome to the forums. I'm thinking you meant Stage 2, not 11... but as far as dealerships being mod friendly, it really depends on the dealership. Best bet is to ask some of your local modded WRX / STi / Leggy / Fozzy owners and see what they say about friendly dealers. Good luck and happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

YepHAHA
    Hi and welcome. Are you asking if you do a undealership mod will they kill the warranty? Or are you asking if the dealership will work on a modded cor?
    Is there such things as a "dealership" mod other than a ridiculously priced cat-back exhaust or air intake? I know on the new Cobalt SS turbos (I had the supercharged crap one) supposedly you can get a little $500 upgrade that gives you like 40-50hp and it's all within the warranty they just do a little ECU tune and change out like a MAP sensor or something. Does Subaru offer anything like that? I knew the salesman at my dealer wouldn't know a darn thing about it so I figured screw asking him. They're so freaking stupid at the dealershops sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrpowerofWRX View Post
    Welcome to the forums. I'm thinking you meant Stage 2, not 11... but as far as dealerships being mod friendly, it really depends on the dealership. Best bet is to ask some of your local modded WRX / STi / Leggy / Fozzy owners and see what they say about friendly dealers. Good luck and happy modding.
    Haha sorry guys yea I meant "Stage 2" but wanted to be cool and write it like "II" but it came out "11" hahahahaha yea right huh no one says they have a Stage 11 WRX man that's funny I cracked myself up. I always see a lot of WRXs and STis at my campus but I never get to talk to them I guess I should.

Thanks for the warm welcome so far though guys.

I lol'd.

Btw welcome to the site man.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

YepHAHA
    lmfao Stage 11 quadruple turbos

lmfao Stage 11 quadruple turbos
    i see 2

YepHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Marne_Aeok View Post
    i see 2
    Yes, I do too. I was just getting a kick out of the idea of someone going around actually saying "yea, my WRX is Stage 11. Don't mess with me" lol so I envisioned something insane like 4 turbos. One for each cylinder!

personally i love this site conpared to nasioc, alot of rude people who don't want anything to do with stupid questions when just getting acclimated to the subie or what not if you're new, but lets see some pics of that rex
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

YepHAHA
    Just some dealer photos for now

More to come. We have snow here now so it's all nasty... plan on getting it detailed once the sun comes back out

Nice car welcome,
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Congrats on it. The dealer will work on a modded car but if there is a problem with your car and the mod relates to it, they can void that part of the warranty.

lol he's banned alreadys?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.