i am new 06 STI suggestions?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on i am new 06 STI suggestions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought an 06 STI and have been thinking about putting in mods of course. I am determined to ...

i am new 06 STI suggestions?

I just bought an 06 STI and have been thinking about putting in mods of course. I am determined to start learning about cars especially now that i have spent the money on it. i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what mods i could put in for around $1100.......oh and also I purchased the car about 2 months ago with 57k miles and suggested maintenance is 60k..what things should i be doing?
    Last edited by mpiccorelli89; 02-06-2010 at 10:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sway bars, used TBE, tune.

thx dude this is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Sway bars, used TBE, tune.

any suggestions on what TBE and sway bars and what not...and what kind of gas should i be running this on?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiccorelli89 View Post
    any suggestions on what TBE and sway bars and what not...and what kind of gas should i be running this on?

never use less than 91 octane, there are lots of good exhaust and lots of utube videos to get an idea of the noise, ill leave the sway bar suggestion to someone who has done them on an 06
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

welcome and congrats on that awesome car

theres a search function button on here..type your question in there and youll most likely find plenty of info to help you out

also read all the stickies on here there loaded with everything you NEED to know

a good way to save money on exhaust would be to lurk on the classifieds both on here and nasioc for used cat backs, and even down pipe in stead of paying a ton for a brand new one
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

thx guys for gettin me started

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in NY are you from?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

about an hour and 45 min south of albany...i was actually in albany recently visiting a friend at univeristy at albany.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiccorelli89 View Post
    TBE: Anything that's name brand and not too obnoxious.

Sway bars: Cusco, Hotchkis, Cobb, Whiteline. If you go too aggressive, you will want endlinks too because the stock ones will break.

Gas: 93 octane

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.