Really bummed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Really bummed. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off, I'm new to the forum so hello to all. I've been to a lot of forums and message ...

Angry Really bummed.

First off, I'm new to the forum so hello to all. I've been to a lot of forums and message boards and this one seems very well run w/ great members.

Well, I almost purchased my first WRX last night (the one in my avatar) but working with the dealership didn't go as planned. I went there the night before and we, supposedly, worked out all the numbers to where it was a done deal. (as long as I could come up with a $3,000 down) I told them I would let them know the following morning. So I figured out the money situation and called to let them know. As soon as I told them I had the money, they told me that the deal wasn't going to work and that I would have to pay $80 more a month then we originally worked out. ...Then they proceeded to feed me a bunch of BS and told me they'd call me if anything changed. hence my bummedness.

So now I find myself checking my phone every 5 minutes waiting for a call.

Introduction / rant finished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello.

I think you are incorrect to be upset. They make more Subarus every day, and the dealer you described does not sound like someone with whom you should be doing business.

Incidentally, there shouldn't be any "numbers" to work out at a dealer. Only the price out the door, all said, should matter to you. Arrange your own financing if needed (join a credit union, for example). Keep your stay at the lot as short as possible, and your interaction based only on a single number -- the final amount.

You'll find another car. When you do, prefer one with a full service history using authentic Subaru parts.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I hear you. I appreciate it, too.

I really had my hopes up for this car and it's been hard to find "the one" in my area. I'll keep plugging away...Thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    Happy shopping and welcome.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

everything happens for a reason and maybe you just werent meant to have that particular subie for some unknown reason. Im sure that you will find a better deal/car somewhere else i wouldnt be too bummed over it some things are just worth waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    everything happens for a reason and maybe you just werent meant to have that particular subie for some unknown reason. Im sure that you will find a better deal/car somewhere else i wouldnt be too bummed over it some things are just worth waiting for
    Definitely, man.

It was my first test drive of a 09 WRX and wow, I'm in love.

Nice snow pic, btw and beautiful car.

Welcome to the forums. Keep shopping, there are plenty of Subarus around to chose from.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

world isn't gonna end tomorrow... you stil have 2 years

I was about to buy an STI and the same thing pretty much happened to me

now I am waiting for subie to ship out more STIs and possibly get a lower APR...

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Happy shopping and welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrpowerofWRX View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Keep shopping, there are plenty of Subarus around to chose from.
    Chances are very good that you will find a better car at a better deal.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I will definitely keep shopping and keep everyone posted when the "purchase" is made! For now I will continue to read up and enjoy the board...Thanks again!

I Support ClubWRX
    IMO never buy a car with something you don't like.

Keep looking - don't be in such a hurry.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post

Point taken.

I Support ClubWRX
    It usually takes time to find the right car. The more selective and careful you are the happier you are likely to be.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post

Couldn't agree more. Although I will say this, I was never the biggest fan of WRB, but I've been seeing a lot in person and my have they grown on me lol. At first I wouldn't consider blue but now I really wouldn't mind it.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast