Potential 06 wrx limited owner!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Potential 06 wrx limited owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody. Just test drove an 06 limited tonight with 75k on it.. They are asking 18k and I'm torn. ...

Potential 06 wrx limited owner!

Hey everybody. Just test drove an 06 limited tonight with 75k on it.. They are asking 18k and I'm torn.

The price seems pretty high, I was thinking I could offer 16.5 out the door and see if they budge..

Anyway, the car drove way better than I expected. I know I will end up with an 06-07 limited - its just a matter of when.. My biggest problem is spending that much money on a car with 75k miles on it.. something down in the 40k mile range is going to run 22k ish from kbb estimates so that's not much better.

Anybody have a limited this generation and care to give me some opinions? I expect the car will easily last me the 5 years I would get the loan for (15k ish a year, ride a cbr all summer).

Reliability? Maintenance costs? Things to look out for before buying?

I have a loaded 05 grand cherokee right now, thats why I'm only really looking at the limiteds.. Before that I had on 04 RSX-S so I'm excited at the thought of getting into a fun to drive car again.

Hopefully I'll be a regular on the site in no time

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

16.5 is fair given its in perfect condition, interior, exterior, and mechanical. I personally would not pay it, I would keep looking. It may take a few months to find one with a good cost and lower miles but you will find it. You may have to extend your search range to depending on the amount of imprezas in your geographical area.

Look for something stock and unmolested, with service records and sometime well maintained and your going to be better off in that car. These cars can go over 200k before any major issues, but it depends on how well the owner(s) maintained them, and how they were driven.

Good luck.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I should mention it is from a stealership.. And they probably wouldn't be able to provided me with a good maintenance history - they never seem to care about that stuff when you trade your vehicle in.

I do have time on my side there isn't any rush other than I am excited to be in a car again. The Jeep isn't my thing.

Thanks for the advice, I try my hardest not to impulse buy

I've got an '06; great car. The asking price does seem on the high side, if they're not willing to knock a bit off I'd keep looking, but prices can be very region specific. How much are similar cars going for where you are?

I bought one with half the mileage for 18K CDN (17K USD) last year and prices are typically much higher in my area since people have a lot of disposable income. To give you an idea of scale an '07 STI can fetch 30-35K here, a '10 STI is only a few thousand more...KBB gets thrown out the window.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I Support ClubWRX
    How does it look? does it seem like the past owner has taken care of it? Have you seen under the hood?
    It's a shame you can't see the history report that would help alot.
    You know the more I think about it I say keep you eyes open 75K is a lot of miles for the price.
    You don't want to have to go out and buy another car after just buying this one. I don't know how many miles you but on your vehicles a year, but its something to think about.

I know it's hard to wait, but you know what they say.
    "Good things come to those who wait."
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

I haven't gotten to take a good look at it in the daylight but in the dark the thing looked immaculate inside and out.

Maybe it's just because its winter time in CT right now, but there don't seem to be too many of these things for sale. A ton of STI's for not much more cash but the blue interior really makes me sick. I also don't need anything that fast, thats why the crotch rockets for

The sales guy said hes got another 06 limited being traded in this weekend with only 40k miles on it. Since they are asking the blue book value for the high mileage one I'm guessing they'll do the same ($22k) for this other one too. The biggest problem with this one is he mentioned them having to repaint one of the front quarters.. No thanks..

Thanks again for the replies.. Logic is telling me to wait around for something with lower mileage for the price.. But it's nice to hear some people say it too!

75K is high on the mileage side unless your ready to do some maintenance. But its up to you. I would go lower on the miles and also have a warranty. I have had my car for 2 months and have had about 2g's covered under warranty so far. What is so special about a WRX Limited?

I prefer the leather interior with heated seats over cloth. Keep in mind im coming from a fully loaded grand cherokee - nav, satelite radio, etc..
    Another good reason for leather is that the dog paws and hair don't bother it as much..

The warranty is a 5yr/60k powertrain correct? I suppose that would be nice to have though I'll probably drop a grand on an aftermarket just to be more comfortable.

CT also has a 60 day bumper to bumper warranty through the dealership.. So in your case I would have been covered! What went wrong for 2g's?! and at how many miles?

Quote Originally Posted by fxspeedy View Post
    I'll probably drop a grand on an aftermarket just to be more comfortable.
    I said I'd keep mine stock; I was spending money 3 days later, and haven't stopped
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I picked up my WRX in November for $18,500 out the door with less then 19k miles on it. Pushing ~23k now with no issues.

Take the stand and tell them what your willing to pay, not the other way around. If they don't want to budge keep looking since you have the time, its their sale and if its been on the lot for awhile they'll be more then willing to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    I said I'd keep mine stock; I was spending money 3 days later, and haven't stopped
    point taken.. warranty schmorranty eh?

Well the move to an 06/07 limited was great for me.. i'm in love with my 07 limited its an amazing car. I'd say wait it out and see if you can snag something with less miles. for 16.5+ i'd be looking at something for less than 75k
    ~Hawkeye Alliance~ #982
    2007 limited wrx
    Cobb stage 2

jtr
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have an 05 Jeep grand Cherokee and I can't wait to get myself into an 06 or 07 wrx.
    I wouldn't go for one with 75k on it already. Just wait it out and see what other deals come up. If a couple weeks go by and they don't sell it the stealership will start getting desperate.
    Just my .02

Well I'm supposed to be looking at the one with 40k miles on it next monday. Maybe if I can get them down under $20k that would be a better investment then trying to grab this high mileage one for $16k.

Atleast I would have a year left on the factory powertrain warranty.

The problem I see here is they hold there value toooo well If thats a problem. Should have bought a Rex in 07 when I picked up this Grand.. Never even test drove one

advice

I got a 2006 wrx limited a couple of months ago with 30000 miles on it for 17500.
    My advice is keep on looking it took me over 6 months searching for the perfect buy, and that one its overly priced in my opinion.
    The problem with wrx's is they are hard to find thats why the big price tags on cars with 3 or 4 years old and the dealers usually dont budge cause a lot of people are looking for them.
    Greatest car I ever owned.
    p.s. they where asking for 18500 for my car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.