Looking at '06-'07 WRX Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking at '06-'07 WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey there folks. I am needing some support on deciding on a vehicle for my wife and kids. Does anyone ...

Looking at '06-'07 WRX Wagon

Hey there folks. I am needing some support on deciding on a vehicle for my wife and kids. Does anyone have any insight on safety, mileage, reliability, etc...I know there may be *some* favoritism on here, but I am just looking for advice. I would eventually mod it lightly...wheels, ecu upgrade, exhaust.

Are there any problems known to this generation 06-07's? Should I be looking at another year model?

Sorry for the silly questions, just need some insight.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    subarus are extremely reliable if they are well maintained. many members here have seen over 150k miles and are still running strong.

just make sure whatever vehicle you purchase is not modded & has maintenance records.

as far as safety- i've seen several threads on here as well as other subaru forums where the car has been completely totaled in a bad accident and the driver walked out with just a few scratches.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    subarus are extremely reliable if they are well maintained. many members here have seen over 150k miles and are still running strong.

just make sure whatever vehicle you purchase is not modded & has maintenance records.

as far as safety- i've seen several threads on here as well as other subaru forums where the car has been completely totaled in a bad accident and the driver walked out with just a few scratches.
    I concur.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

You mention wife and kids. Are you going to use this car to cram the fams into? If so, be aware that these cars do not have much for cabin room. How tall are you? I'm 6'4", and with the position my seat is in, there's not much room for anybody sitting behind me. I'm actually looking at selling my wagon (as much is it pains me to do it) and upsizing to a larger vehicle. It just doesn't seem suitable for my wife and 2 sons.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Very true same situation in here with just one kid

Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    You mention wife and kids. Are you going to use this car to cram the fams into? If so, be aware that these cars do not have much for cabin room. How tall are you? I'm 6'4", and with the position my seat is in, there's not much room for anybody sitting behind me. I'm actually looking at selling my wagon (as much is it pains me to do it) and upsizing to a larger vehicle. It just doesn't seem suitable for my wife and 2 sons.
    I drive a 06 wrx wagon and thats the only thing I dont like about the car its the leg room on the back seats

Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    The wagon would be for the wife and kids. We would use it on the weekends (I have a company vehicle). I have a two kids under 1.5 years old...

I'm 5'10", and my wife is shorter than I am. We just got out of a Yukon XL 2500 with the 8.1L hoss. It's going to be a downsize for sure, but I've always been a fan of these cars. We've also looked at an Audi A4 Avant.

Should I be looking for something else?

Bump?

Rodi, I would get the one that's most appealing to you. They all share very similar power plants. I know 07 STi's have bad tunes from the factory but that's easily taken care of with an aftermarket reflash. This is the only issue i have herd of that's factory related.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.