Possibly gunna buy an 02 wrx have ?s

This is a discussion on Possibly gunna buy an 02 wrx have ?s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First a lil bout me ive been a honda fenatic for years now and ive envied the wheels that slip ...

Possibly gunna buy an 02 wrx have ?s

First a lil bout me ive been a honda fenatic for years now and ive envied the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip so i built a 4wd civic wagon or two they are fun but hondas older AWD/4WD just isnt sporty what so ever and its always gunna be. well I live in WA state but im out of state working. theres a 2002 subaru here with tons of mods but a blown motor. the car is about 5g's im going to check it out tomarrow. its about a 24 hour drive from my house so i would prolly spend about $1000 in fuel, food, and hotel picking it up and takin it home. or i may try to pick up a motor and have a shop or someone on here with a good rep to install it and ill just drive it home. any advice is apreciated like i said im new to rex's but would love the change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try to find something stock near you. What you are doing sounds like a headache to me. Better to mod your own way.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Do Not Buy That Car.

There are bugeye's closer to you, that run, and will cost you far less money in the long run.

Please read this thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    And the other stickies (FAQ's) in this part of the forum
    Car Purchasing Forum - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

Welcome to ClubWRX!

yeah I would stay away from that car man. My girlfriend just picked up a local 2002 wrx that accually runs for $5100 (or something close to that....I am sure she could come in and tell you). I would look for one that runs and is a little closer to you.

Welcome btw

I have been kinda lookin local and for about the same price ive been finding wagons. It seems like u cant touch and STI for under 14 grand is this pretty much normal.... if its possible to get my hands on one for more like 10g's ill hold out for one of them. Hell for the right deal ill fly out and drive the car home i dont mind but thanx for the advice i think your right about this car here.

ive got a buddy thats into scooby's im sure he will be able to help me out with all my tuning needs and it will be kinda nice to not have to worry nearly as much about my car not being there when i wake up in the morning.

I purchased my Wrx stock last winter it is a 02 and I really like the fact that it was still covered under the Subaru 100,000 mile. My buddy jumped the gun and picked up a highly modded one the winter before, he's already put about $2,700 into it replacing a blow gear box but he did upgrade to a six speed. If you've got the time and the cash that might work for you but I couldn't handle being without the car for 2 months.

i may just wait and get me an STI since i would want to put an sti engine, tranny, rear end, breaks, and axles in...... im in no hurry just want to do my research first.