Buying an 05 WRX on Monday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Buying an 05 WRX on Monday within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I've been looking around for a nice condition WRX for a while now and havent had the best ...

Buying an 05 WRX on Monday

Hey guys,
    I've been looking around for a nice condition WRX for a while now and havent had the best luck. I'm in Mass and am going to check one out in Providence on Monday. What does everyone on here think about my situation?

It's a silver 05 WRX sedan with close to 89k miles on it. Everything is stock still, it's got a new radio (touch screen), ipod hookup and satellite radio. Again, everything is stock, things that have been replaced include the sway bar and the brake rotors and pads. He said he has done all scheduled maitenance and I'm hoping to see record of it on Monday. Also, he claims that the car has highway miles from commuting to work daily.

About him: He's married, he works about 30 min from his house. He's selling the car to buy a truck (he would like to keep WRX, however he needs the truck because he maintains 3 homes).

I'm planning on meeting him on Monday at a shop that a friend has reccomended to me. Anything you would reccomend me having the mechanic check that might be looked past otherwise? What upcomming expenses would you predict to see on an 88k mile WRX?

Oh yea. An o2 sensor went bad and he's planning on replacing it for me. He said he'd knock of 200 bucks from the price. He's set at $10,300 (including the new o2 sensor). Fair price?

Thanks a lot in advance,

George

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That price seems pretty fair for that mileage on an '05. Considering he provides all of the necessary service paperwork, it could be a good deal. If you haven't yet, have a compression test done on it.

Also, where abouts in Providence? I'm like 10 mins from Prov.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Hey, I'm taking it to Jay's Auto in Warwick (a recommendation from friend of a friend). You close by? I talked to the mechanic, he said he hasn't done a compression test in a long time and didn't think it was necessary, but he seemed like he would if I wanted to pay for it (I have no idea how much it would cost...). Any chance you know of this guy?

That's pretty crazy seeing how I drive by that shop everyday coming home from work. But no unfortunately, I don't know the guy, nor have I been to that shop. So I personally can't vouch for him.

Although I will say this, I've seen some WRX's parked at that particular shop recently, so I will assume that the mechanic has at least some sort of Subaru experience if those rex's were getting work done.

Good luck man, let me know how it goes.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

new the the forum just want to say hi

Hey, I'm not really one to welcome but there's a lot of great info here. You new to Subarus or just the club? I'm going to pick up mine tomorrow if all goes well.

George

Quote Originally Posted by VT2MA View Post
    Hey, I'm not really one to welcome but there's a lot of great info here. You new to Subarus or just the club? I'm going to pick up mine tomorrow if all goes well.

George
    new to both, but tell you what, i love my wrx the moment i step on the gas.
    i have a 2005 silver wrx, everything stock, except the SPT EXHUASE and THE SPT SHORT AIR INTAKE.

i love stock. aftermarket parts? depends on the quality of the part and the quality of the job. when you test drive that car make sure the car is solid as a rock. that you know parts are installed right.

make sure you go on to a freeway, and floor it at 3rd or 4th and make sure the boost gague reads at or near ".1" that means the boost are good. (just learned it from the forum)

Good luck with the purchase. You will fall in love.
    =)

Well I'm off to Providence now.. I'll be coming home with her if all goes to plan. Did a carfax last night and it came up with an accident report from September "09/21/2009, Rhode Island
    Police Report, Accident reported in Portsmouth Involving front impact." So really hope he's honest about it. Calling his mechanic to ask whats up. Thanks for all your advice and I'll keep you posted.

Here she is. All went well and I brought her home. More of a report if people are interested.

George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by VT2MA View Post
    Here she is. All went well and I brought her home. More of a report if people are interested.

George
    your baby looks just like mines, even the missing front plate

nice color, I'm lovin my stage two 05 rex
    I keep my scooby clean

Looks nice and clean, congrats!
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Congrats man that car looks mint! Glad everything worked out well. In for moar pics
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Thanks all, turns out I bought it from a cop in RI. He was pretty cool, couldn't get any lower than 10.3k tho. It's at 90k and everything is in great shape. Needs a new radio faceplate if I want an equalizer graph to show up (not too important). Everythings truly stock, new rotors, pads, sway bar, and battery. He took care of it and it shows, CARFAX shows manufactures maintenance and an oil change every 3k miles. Ill get more photo's up soon.

GvR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast