02 WRX Trans

This is a discussion on 02 WRX Trans within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi i know this is where the new members say hello to everyone and i just bought a wrx and ...

02 WRX Trans

Hi i know this is where the new members say hello to everyone and i just bought a wrx and when i drove it and now i think second gear is gone out.. Where is the best place to find a used 5 speed or a good rebuilt kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Search your local Craigslist listings, forum classifieds, eBay? I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you would be better off upgrading to an STi tranny.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Thanks

I have search everywhere on craiglist and i havent found anything and everything on ebay is an automatic and the one on ebay i found was brand new i was hoping for maybe somewhere to look for salvage like wrecked cars or used trannys

FS:2002 Impreza RS 4eat - NASIOC

Aubaru WRX 4eat automatic transmission - NASIOC

That's from 2 mins looking around on nasioc classifieds. Keep an eye on those and other subie classifieds, that'll be your best bet.

Where are you located btw?

Quote Originally Posted by chodezilla View Post
    FS:2002 Impreza RS 4eat - NASIOC

Aubaru WRX 4eat automatic transmission - NASIOC

That's from 2 mins looking around on nasioc classifieds. Keep an eye on those and other subie classifieds, that'll be your best bet.

Where are you located btw?

he's looking for a 5spd btw. good luck on your search im also looking for a trans...but they are hard to come by that's why im leaning towards the 6spd swap.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"

Yea i am thinking of that but since i am new to the subie xperience what all will i have to change when i chage to a 6speed sti tranny

Quote Originally Posted by tdoll View Post
    Yea i am thinking of that but since i am new to the subie xperience what all will i have to change when i chage to a 6speed sti tranny
    Just search 6spd swap there are many write ups here. I'll post some links later when I have my computer in my hands not this iPod.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"