i just got a 2010 impreza gt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i just got a 2010 impreza gt within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; its the same as a wrx same engine and turbo and everything but just titled diferently because its automatic. it ...

i just got a 2010 impreza gt

its the same as a wrx same engine and turbo and everything but just titled diferently because its automatic. it has the dual exhaust and i wanted to know if anyone knows the best sounding cheapist muffler and exhaust tips that i could buy on the market. im short on cash because i just spent 25gs on the dam car with a trade in. help me out pleease =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club! congrats on the GT, post some pics

Its not exactly the same as a WRX. It is however more closely related to the 08 wrx's that had 224 HP. As your GT has 224 and the same year wrx has 265. So your turbo is not the VF-52 that your WRX counter part has. Im 98% sure the turbo back exhaust is also different, as this was another change in the wrx from 08-09+ to account for increasing in HP. Not sure if the dealer explained that to you in detail or not...

You can look into axle back exhausts, they would be your best bet for saving money and still getting some sound. You can hop on youtube and listen to some brands that people have placed on a similar car. Find one that apeals to you and go for it. You best bet however is to listen to it in person but most of the time thats a very hard endeavor..

EDIT > Im not 100% on this but i think the GT has the same suspension as 08 wrx's. 09+ gained stiffer spring rates and larger sways.
    Last edited by Poohbear; 01-27-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

well congrats on the new car but as it was just stated your GT is not just an auto WRX. i hope the dealer did not tell you that they were the same thing. that would be some shady or crappy salesman.
    '04 Aspen White WRX

SPT makes rgeat power , have them on my 08 wrx

What? So its an impreza with a turbo...but its not a WRX? I need to do some reading up on the new models!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    What? So its an impreza with a turbo...but its not a WRX? I need to do some reading up on the new models!
    i did some research on this car.... and yes in essence it is an impreza with a turbo, it has no body aero kit or rear diffuser or anything like that, although you can get a sports grille on it. it has the 08 wrx automatic turbo in it, that makes 224 horsepower. it only comes in the colors available for the impreza, which are not really metallic that you get with the wrx including wrb, and the impressive red that alot of people love.... although the silver black and grey are available. it has a sunroof and foglights like the wrx premium, it has the silver non-anthracite wheels which were on the 08 wrx's. it has the wrx premiums sound system with the 10 speakers, heated seats, although with all these wrx parts in it, they failed epicly putting the stock impreza seats in the car, hope that heps everyone that hasnt heard of it, i guess you could in essence call it a wrx... just a 2 year old designed wrx
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Congrats on the purchase! You'll have tons of fun with the car.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Quote Originally Posted by johnwaters View Post
    its the same as a wrx same engine and turbo and everything but just titled diferently because its automatic. it has the dual exhaust and i wanted to know if anyone knows the best sounding cheapist muffler and exhaust tips that i could buy on the market. im short on cash because i just spent 25gs on the dam car with a trade in. help me out pleease =)

Post up some pics! Don't buy cheap, just wait a little and save up some money and get a good one! Brand new car only deserves the best!! IMO!!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

And the WRX is cheaper. It doesn't have all goodies listed above.

I'd wait and get:

1) turboback exhaust

2) protune

3) suspension upgrades (sway bars, coil springs, end links)

4) better tires

Than you'll be running strong with those others
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

not the same!

its the same as a wrx same engine and turbo and everything but just titled diferently because its automatic.

Didnt you read. Its a lower model then the 08 WRX, you've been had. Good luck with mods.
    Independent motorsports
    http://www.myspace.com/da_shz_nt

Satin Pearl White WRX Premium SPT Tuned
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...rx-r-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    Didnt you read. Its a lower model then the 08 WRX, you've been had. Good luck with mods.
    Play nice......

Congrats on the car, no its not quite a WRX but welcome to the club!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    Why has the OP been had? They have a nice car with a lot of extras. Maybe they can't drive a stick...

And you should be able to mod that car just as easily as any other 08 WRX.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Welcome to the Club!
    Are you looking for a Catback or turbo back exhaust?
    What is your budget for this mod?

Any Catback designed for the 08+ WRX Sedan will also work on your Impreza GT Sedan.

Any Turbo back designed for the 08+ WRX Sedan will also work on your Impreza GT Sedan, however you will need to have the ECU tuned to handle the new Downpipe.

Quote Originally Posted by pavia View Post
    why has the op been had? They have a nice car with a lot of extras. Maybe they can't drive a stick...

And you should be able to mod that car just as easily as any other 08 wrx.
    +1
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    . Maybe they can't drive a stick...
    Anyone with two arms and two legs can learn to drive stick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast