New and overly proud WRX owner!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New and overly proud WRX owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey! My Name is liz, and yesterday I bought my dream car!! I have wanted a WRX four about 6 ...

New and overly proud WRX owner!

Hey! My Name is liz, and yesterday I bought my dream car!! I have wanted a WRX four about 6 years now, and since my Forester is pretty much ready to eat dirt I figured it was time for a new used car. I got a 05 WRX in white. I don't Know what else to say I get the car next Sat, as I had to be somewhere yesterday and I cannot drive stick. I have over an hour and 20 min commute to and from work, and I figure my best bet is to have one of my good friends pick the car up with me First thing Sat morning and do nothing but drive all weekend. I guess I feel kind of stupid buying a car I don't know how to drive, but I had a very trusted friend test dive it for/with me. Also what better way to learn then to just have to do it!! As far as mod's go once I get the hang of driving her I may look into doing that, but the reality of the situation is that I probably wont do much as I have an extreme lack of free time and spare funding. Well I got to get moving but I hope to learn a lot around here and possibly meet some new people while doing so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and congrats on the scooby , and have fun learning stick i'm sure you'll do just fine

altho why dint u buy a auto wrx ? they r just as good as the manual ones imho
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

welcome! hope you're enjoying the car, they're great fun. nice to know we have another northeaster
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    Hey! My Name is liz, and yesterday I bought my dream car!! I have wanted a WRX four about 6 years now, and since my Forester is pretty much ready to eat dirt I figured it was time for a new used car. I got a 05 WRX in white. I don't Know what else to say I get the car next Sat, as I had to be somewhere yesterday and I cannot drive stick. I have over an hour and 20 min commute to and from work, and I figure my best bet is to have one of my good friends pick the car up with me First thing Sat morning and do nothing but drive all weekend. I guess I feel kind of stupid buying a car I don't know how to drive, but I had a very trusted friend test dive it for/with me. Also what better way to learn then to just have to do it!! As far as mod's go once I get the hang of driving her I may look into doing that, but the reality of the situation is that I probably wont do much as I have an extreme lack of free time and spare funding. Well I got to get moving but I hope to learn a lot around here and possibly meet some new people while doing so.
    congrats and welcome..learning stick is not as hard as you think but can be intimidating..just give it a little steady gas up to 1.5k and slowly let out the clutch until you feel the car start to move. once the car starts to move keep the gas right where it is and continue to let off the clutch. Once your foot is off the clutch give it more gas and get ready for second.

But yes your right the only way to learn is by just doing it..have fun and read all the stickies on the site to get a better understanding of your awesome car..post some pics as well

5 to 10 minutes of practice and you will be fine to drive it on the highway.

After a few days it will be like breathing. Its very easy, dont be intimidated.

Don't worry about the stick shift.. I had the same problem too.. Got a hang of it within 3 days... Just be careful not to burn the clutch.. All the best.

congrats on the suby! i learned to drive stick at a lunch room table. my friend wrote down what to do and i went home and just did it. It's super easy. Just remember what gear your in and try not to stall it. Also, I wouldn't push it hard until you are really use to driving it.

Congrats!! Im sure you will do fine learning to use a manual trans, it is just a matter of practice. Just remeber when you stall dont panic.

(On a side note in England where I come from you cant pass your test in an automatic and then just jump into a manual. You must pass in a manual or its considered illegal and dangerous learning a transmission you have no experience with on public roads.)

Sorry for the mini hi jack and congrats again, make sure you post up some pics!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    ...altho why dint u buy a auto wrx ? they r just as good as the manual ones imho...
    Eh, cause automatics are really boring to drive.

To OP, welcome to the forums. Be sure to post up some pictures when you pick up your new WRX. Any plans to modify it?
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome!!! As for why I got manual... well because I wanted one. I drove manual once for about 20 min at my old Job. I ended up having to move back up north the next week, so I never got to finish learning. I have a few pics of it but due to the screen protector on my phone and sun glare they all suck.

As for learning to drive it I have it all planned out. Big empty parking lot first, then some back roads that hardly ever have traffic, with lots of hills and stopping. The route I take to work has quite a few stop lights on hills even though its a "highway" so my huge fear is that I'm going to stall out and get rear ended. Ha ha I already told my boss to expect a call next monday that I'll be late.

I do think this week may kill me. The sales guy at the dealership I got it from is a friend of mine, and he keeps texting me telling me to Just take tomorrow off since its my birthday and get the car. That plus the random pics of it he sends me I am losing my mind. He made sure to park it somewhere where I could go visit it after hours LOL

As for mod's on the car.. I would love to do lots of dirty things to it, but I just don't think I will have the time or money for it right now. Hopefully this summer when its warm out and light out longer I can be productive and do some stuff. For now though my main concern Is getting used to driving stick, and all this power that I'm not used to. I have a feeling it will be a few months before I grow enough of a set to start finding out what it can really do.

As for learning to drive it I have it all planned out. Big empty parking lot first, then some back roads that hardly ever have traffic, with lots of hills and stopping

Really good idea!! Congrats on the car! we demand some pics when you have it of course lol
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

welcome to the club liz....

as for getting a hang of it, a week of practice and you will be comfortable,

as for seeing what its really got, just dont get hurt, or hurt the suby! haha

anyways just have fun and if you ever have any questions, this is the right place to ask

Allentown..... Monthly Pittsburgh Area Meet!

check that out. maybe we will see you there
    04' WRB wagon stage 2
    wagon Mafia #1 Where my wagons at?

So, I figured since I have been all over this forum over the past few hours while doing laundry I would post the Pics I do have of my car.

There she is all pretty and white!!

I think I'm gonna call her Low Low short for Low Rider because I have an obsession with the song....Note the sold tag in the window and the sold cars sign behind her!!!

Actually IN my driveway, as I had a total blonde moment and left my wallet with my credit card at home LOL

She is HOT!!!

BEAUTIFUL!! I'm jealous!! I wanted white sooo bad. I had to settle with my WRB. White is just so hot! Congrats again!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast