2010 wrx mods
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 wrx mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got a 4 door 2010 wrx late december and i love the thing....ive been putting away money and i ...

2010 wrx mods

i got a 4 door 2010 wrx late december and i love the thing....ive been putting away money and i got about 1500 to spend on parts..i wanna get a bang for my buck without killing the car..any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well cobb is coming out with the accessport for the 2010 soon which is 700 bucks, and also the 2010 downpipe is coming out as well, which brings you into what you would call Stage 2, but there are other ways to go stage 2 as well for less money the accessport/downpipe will run you around 1300 bucks if you're looking for a quite large horsepower jump
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

alright thanks =]...would that cause problems with a warranty..or is the tuner completely removeable?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Potentially yes it could cause problems with warranty.

Get sway bars.

it is removeable but technically dealers can still tell how many times the ecu has been flashed or so i hear
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

Brfata l hit the nail on the head. Sway bars and end links are a great upgrade to the 09+ rex's.

If i had 1500 and a stock wrx;

Get those windows tinted...

I always push the boost gauge as a necessary part if not to be the first part to anyone who is going to mod.

I dont know where you are located but winter tires are good investment as well...

Cat back would be a nice touch too...

and a tactrix cable...

That may put you close to 1500

If not get a full tank a gas....

The best investment in your car you can make though is a good drivers school!

Quote Originally Posted by sccoby823 View Post
    well cobb is coming out with the accessport for the 2010 soon which is 700 bucks, and also the 2010 downpipe is coming out as well, which brings you into what you would call Stage 2, but there are other ways to go stage 2 as well for less money the accessport/downpipe will run you around 1300 bucks if you're looking for a quite large horsepower jump
    I can understand the differences in the 09 to 2010 AP but the downpipe too? I really dont see that being all that different from the 09... It got my by surprise with the AP even but the DP too.... wonder what the differences are....
    Last edited by Poohbear; 01-22-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Brfatal hit the nail on the head. Sway bars and end links are a great upgrade to the 09+ rex's.
    +1 I put 25mm Front Bar and a 22mm Rear bar on my '09 with end links and it was a dramatic difference. The car is much flatter through the twisties which makes for a more enjoyable experience.

I also have stage two goodies in storage waiting for the first day of spring.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

^ if your going stage 2 it will be better to get your tune during the winter
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I Support ClubWRX
    suspension mods and driveline mods like alk, sways, end links, motor mounts, pitch stop, shifter bushings, diff mounts....

265 hp isnt bad... granted the 08+ is a fat piggy but Id suggest doing suspension and braking before trying to unleash anymore trans shattering power.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wrx92 View Post
    i got a 4 door 2010 wrx late december and i love the thing....ive been putting away money and i got about 1500 to spend on parts..i wanna get a bang for my buck without killing the car..any tips?
    Short throw shifter kit with bushings and CBE really make a big difference in how the car drives. It's too quite with the stock exhaust and the stock shifter is plain sloppy compared to the short throw kit.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    suspension mods and driveline mods like alk, sways, end links, motor mounts, pitch stop, shifter bushings, diff mounts....

265 hp isnt bad... granted the 08+ is a fat piggy but Id suggest doing suspension and braking before trying to unleash anymore trans shattering power.
    wouldn't realy consider it a complete piggy.. its a bit stocky for the average hot hatch.. but its awd.. and at 3100 lbs .. 265hp not too shabby. Its got a better power/weight ratio than alot of other cars.

For my own 2010 so far.. shifter bushings I have already, sway bars are on order.. both improvements will be installed next time I'm up in Baltimore and able to get to my buddies shop. I dont work on the ground unless I'm forced.. not this time of year.

I highly agree with doing suspension and driver feel stuff before playing with more hp..the car is fine in factory tune esp since I'd personally like to keep my warranty intact.

The exhaust I'm still debating on. My thought is this: since a cbe really does nothing for performance why not just change the muffler to improve the sound? Perrin's axle back looks (and sounds) alot nicer than factory and its quite bit cheaper than doing a full cbe. Just my 2c.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I am going through clutch woes with the dealer on my 09 - and I am very glad I only put the SPT muffler on there- they actually installed it- so they didn't try to pull the "modded" card as far as the warranty....that said, I was very suprised at the diff that the chassis braces, upper and lower, made to the ride quality. Also, the SPT short shifter eliminated that squishy Imprezza shifting feeling. I like my SPT boost gauge, but I put a Autometer CF cup on it instead of the stock hooded one. Pretty easy install.

I went with the spt Exhaust and just ordered the Injen CAI...i noticed a big difference and both power and sound with the exhaust and the CAI claims then same results but we'll have to wait and see on that

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I went with the spt Exhaust and just ordered the Injen CAI...i noticed a big difference and both power and sound with the exhaust and the CAI claims then same results but we'll have to wait and see on that
    Neither of those do much of anything power wise. The catback is placebo and the intake won't make enough power to make a noticeable change.

And the Injen intake absolutely requires custom tuning to use. This is why you research before buying.

neither of those "mods" did anything for power..sound yes..you must get a tune ASAP!!! in order to support your CAI..you should really listen to the advice you asked for from the people on this website..mostly everyone on here knows what their talking about and has been around the block a few times in the modding department..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.