2010 wrx mods - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 wrx mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 neither of those "mods" did anything for power..sound yes..you must get a tune ASAP!!! in order ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    neither of those "mods" did anything for power..sound yes..you must get a tune ASAP!!! in order to support your CAI..you should really listen to the advice you asked for from the people on this website..mostly everyone on here knows what their talking about and has been around the block a few times in the modding department..
    Yuuupp hope he saved a couple hundred for AP or Tactrix/Tune!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Few small question. I am new to the subie world and have loved every minute of it so far. I also own a 79 trans am so this car is my daily driver. I wanna make her fun to drive but not get to a point where something will break.. What is the best thing i could do for handling. I saw bushings, sway bars and things like that. If you were to do one which would you recommend most? Where do you guys like to shop for parts, any specific sites?

Also what the heck does it mean to be in stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by kjkjkcjkcj View Post
    Few small question. I am new to the subie world and have loved every minute of it so far. I also own a 79 trans am so this car is my daily driver. I wanna make her fun to drive but not get to a point where something will break.. What is the best thing i could do for handling. I saw bushings, sway bars and things like that. If you were to do one which would you recommend most? Where do you guys like to shop for parts, any specific sites?

Also what the heck does it mean to be in stage 2
    For handling... Sway bars and end links, rear diff bushings and sub frame lockdown bushings. I go through turn in concepts (turninconcepts.com) mostly, great staff and local for me. Stage 2 is generally a turbo back exhaust and tune. If you haven't done a short shifter and bushing set, I would do that as well, makes a huge difference in drivability.

Cool thank you. All i have done is put a turbo boost gauge on my car and i do want to do other little things. I think the short shifter and bushing set will be my next purchase. Any suggestions on a brand?

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    For handling... Sway bars and end links, rear diff bushings and sub frame lockdown bushings. I go through turn in concepts (turninconcepts.com) mostly, great staff and local for me. Stage 2 is generally a turbo back exhaust and tune. If you haven't done a short shifter and bushing set, I would do that as well, makes a huge difference in drivability.
    ^ yes .. all of this.

As for brand and vendor.. turninconcepts.com has been great to me, and Kartboy products are bomb proof. You will be pleased.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Cool thank you. All i have done is put a turbo boost gauge on my car and i do want to do other little things. I think the short shifter and bushing set will be my next purchase. Any suggestions on a brand?
    I have a Kartboy shifter and bushings and couldn't be happier, exceeded my expectations

will the Kart Boy shifter allow you to use the stock shifter knob. I want to keep my car looking stock. How do you take off the shifter knob. i would guess it screws off but from the looks of the kartboy shifter it doesn't look like it has threads at the end?

will the Kart Boy shifter allow you to use the stock shifter knob.
    yes

I want to keep my car looking stock. How do you take off the shifter knob.
    twist.. if it doesn't budge.. twist harder

i would guess it screws off but from the looks of the kartboy shifter it doesn't look like it has threads at the end?
    I've had a factory knob on my KB shifter for quite a while now.. Like said in another thread, even scoobie nuts cant tell the difference unless they get in the car and move the shifter.

Its a crappy image, but thats the kb shifter with factory knob.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I know the throw on the KB shifter is shorter, but is the shifter itself shorter? Height-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by soobie View Post
    I know the throw on the KB shifter is shorter, but is the shifter itself shorter? Height-wise?
    Yes, about an inch or so with the stock shift knob. With the Kartboy knob probably closer to 2 inches shorter
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Ya, I have a Cobb shift knob and tq solution short shifter. It is quite a bit shorter but I don't know by how much exactly.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Yes, about an inch or so with the stock shift knob. With the Kartboy knob probably closer to 2 inches shorter
    ??? what? Where did you get this data? I have the kb shifter and its not anywhere near that much shorter than factory. I may have to pop mine out and compare to the factory shifter directly just to show you guys that its not much shorter. I'm using the factory knob and its MAYBE 5/8 shorter.. if that.

another aspect to think of is that its angled backward toward the driver a bit.. this makes up for any lack in over all height.
    Last edited by mangostick; 02-13-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

would love to see a comparison pic

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    ??? what? Where did you get this data? I have the kb shifter and its not anywhere near that much shorter than factory. I may have to pop mine out and compare to the factory shifter directly just to show you guys that its not much shorter. I'm using the factory knob and its MAYBE 5/8 shorter.. if that.

another aspect to think of is that its angled backward toward the driver a bit.. this makes up for any lack in over all height.
    So why would it be beneficial to get the KB hort shifter if it doesn't even shorten the throw?

the throw can be shorter by raising the pivot point. that would allow the overall height remain the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.