Finally picked up my '10 Rex - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Finally picked up my '10 Rex within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CarbonXe Tint? No. I'm going to red them out like this. yeah thats another good way of ...

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    Tint? No. I'm going to red them out like this.
    yeah thats another good way of doing it. Im sticking ith a strict red / black theme for my car, each man to his own though for sure

One thing though I dont think the cut outs look the best on a red car, my opinion though of course. This STI is an absoloute beast, I just dont like the tails....

09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxgc View Post
    ah i always swore i could never own a car that isn't black, but every picture is slowly pulling me to the dark [red] side. the crossbars look great, if i end up with that car i'll have to do that too for my yakima rack. SUV should apply to these cars - true sport/utility.
    I will never own another black car. It was way too much of a pain in the ass to keep my 325i clean and swirl free.

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    yeah thats another good way of doing it. Im sticking ith a strict red / black theme for my car, each man to his own though for sure

One thing though I dont think the cut outs look the best on a red car, my opinion though of course. This STI is an absoloute beast, I just dont like the tails....

[IMG]http://verdugo.smugmug.com/photos/552459592_2oTzN-O.jpg[IMG]
    I will never tint any kind of exterior lighting on any of my cars. Yours don't look too dark, but I've seen retards tint them to the point where you can no longer see the light, and you can barely see the light through them when the brakes are on. Plus it's too much of a hassle with law enforcement. It's bad enough having a bright red car .

Red tails w/ cutout on LR. This is how the lights should have come from the factory...I don't know wtf Subaru was thinking when they designed the tails on the 5-door. They got the tails on the sedan right.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    I will never own another black car. It was way too much of a pain in the ass to keep my 325i clean and swirl free.

I will never tint any kind of exterior lighting on any of my cars. Yours don't look too dark, but I've seen retards tint them to the point where you can no longer see the light, and you can barely see the light through them when the brakes are on. Plus it's too much of a hassle with law enforcement. It's bad enough having a bright red car .

Red tails w/ cutout on LR.

That red looks waaaay better than the black cut outs!

The reason I chose such a light tint is for that exact reason, safety first and law second. To be honest if the tail lights were not LED I probably would not have done it at all.
    Ive had no trouble with the law so far, unlike a friend whos tails are so dark its just dangerous, I would never do that!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

All ready for its first road trip. I wish I had my roof rack, my damn board barely fits inside with the seats down lol.

Sweep needles on gauges

Quote Originally Posted by wrxgc View Post
    Random question, but do the needles sweep across the gauges when you start the engine, as the STi does? I heard that subaru added this feature to the newer-gen WRX, but wasn't sure if it was true.
    Yes, they do. The manual explains how to cancel this feature if you don't like it.

Gary
    2010 Sedan, one week old

Nice Car

Hey man,
    That is a really nice car.... i just got my 09 WRX, but i must say, i now prefer the MY10, and in red too. Awesome!!!

looks nice

Color me jealous.

Beautiful car!

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj07 View Post
    two questions carbon:

1) Were they easy to install?
    2) Can they be removed and put back without any type of damage to the vehicle?
    I took my factory racks off after three weeks because they were too flexy with bikes loaded. The towers left marks on the black paint. It is nothing someone would probably notice unless they knew they were there. I switched over to actual Yakima racks which make more noise but are more solid.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpisgah View Post
    I took my factory racks off after three weeks because they were too flexy with bikes loaded. The towers left marks on the black paint. It is nothing someone would probably notice unless they knew they were there. I switched over to actual Yakima racks which make more noise but are more solid.
    Are you still using the factory cross bars? If not I would LOOOOOOVE to take them off your hands!
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Forgot about this. Picked up a set of Dunlop WinterSport 3D tires last week since the stock tires are completely useless in the winter. Took it out into the snow the night I got the tires on and had some fun.

Nice pics i want some snow for my car

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Are you still using the factory cross bars? If not I would LOOOOOOVE to take them off your hands!
    I returned it to the dealer.

This is Carbon, I'm posting from my friends account, I didn't feel like logging him out lol.

Teaser.

Stage II WRB WRX Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.