New guy from Long Island, NY

This is a discussion on New guy from Long Island, NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to say hello and get my first post on this forum out of the way lol. As far ...

Smile New guy from Long Island, NY

Just wanted to say hello and get my first post on this forum out of the way lol. As far as my car goes, I have a 2010 WRX PREMIUM (obsidian black peral with sports grille) on order. Should have it in a few weeks!! Can't wait to learn all about it from the forum. In case anyone is wondering I have/had (selling it next week) a Sunburst Metallic Orange 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged with GMPP stage 2, intake and lowered on sportlines. Reason for the change? Depreciation value, interior quality (spend A LOT of time in the car), and the AWD of course! But I will say that it is a fantastic driving car! And the whine is awesome on it!! It never broke down (mechanically), and I drive over 20,000 miles a year. It was just time for a change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. I'm from LI too! Shirley/mastic beach

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome to the forum.... Im new as well!

Congrats on the purchase... It really nice to see so many 08+ plus owners... Huge influx of new owners latley. Did you get the sedan or wagon?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Congrats on the purchase... It really nice to see so many 08+ plus owners... Huge influx of new owners latley. Did you get the sedan or wagon?
    Oh yeah! The most important part lol...I purchased a wagon. Also I will be completely honest and say that I HATED the look of the 08+'s...at first! Then it really started to grow on my and when I saw it with the sports grille I was sold!

Congrats.
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq(Sold)
    1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
    1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
    2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj07 View Post
    Oh yeah! The most important part lol...I purchased a wagon. Also I will be completely honest and say that I HATED the look of the 08+'s...at first! Then it really started to grow on my and when I saw it with the sports grille I was sold!
    Thats usually the way it is with a new car style. People hate em call em ugly make nicknames for em like "stink eye" and then all of the sudden people start to like em... Crazy how that works...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Thanks for all of welcomes guys/girls! I honestly feel retarded asking this question...but...um...where are the site options for an avatar and signature located? And I KNOW it probably has been asked a billion times and right in front of my face, but I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj07 View Post
    Thanks for all of welcomes guys/girls! I honestly feel retarded asking this question...but...um...where are the site options for an avatar and signature located? And I KNOW it probably has been asked a billion times and right in front of my face, but I just don't see it.
    Go to User CP, I seen it on the left side edit avatar, edit sig... hope that helps lol

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheTaz View Post
    Go to User CP, I seen it on the left side edit avatar, edit sig... hope that helps lol
    aw jeez...yup...it was a retarded question..THANKS!

Never a retarded question here... lots of knowledgeable people on this forum that are always willing to help out. You are in the Subaru family now. Welcome and happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo