New guy looking for some info, thinkin about buying a 2007 TR

This is a discussion on New guy looking for some info, thinkin about buying a 2007 TR within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats good everyone? New guy here... i currently drive a 2005 Saturn ION Redline with quite a few mods. i ...

New guy looking for some info, thinkin about buying a 2007 TR

Whats good everyone?

New guy here... i currently drive a 2005 Saturn ION Redline with quite a few mods.

i live in CO and the winters here suck for anything 2WD, not to mention the fact that now saturn is gone the aftermarket is dead and i'm sure parts aren't going to be any easier to find when i need to do repairs...

sooooo... i have been contemplating trading in the ol redline for something AWD and i have found a 2007 WRX TR here locally, only 38,000 miles and in great condition for 18k...

i was wondering what kind of power/tq gains can be made with basic mods (bolt on's, tune, etc...) and what kind of 1/4 mile times/traps the TR runs stock and with basic mods...

also, what do these cars dyno stock? and from what i understand, the EJ255 is a detuned STi motor?

any known problems? recall issues?

i have wanted a white WRX for a while now and i think this is a pretty good deal.
    Just wanted to check with the community to see if its a good buy or not.

thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i'd say with that mileage, the price is pretty high. the car only KBB's for about 16k. i'd offer them 16,500 probably if the car is in perfect condition.

as far as dyno numbers- EVERYONE is going to be different because of where you live, what kind of tune you have, etc.

a stock 06/07 dynos at roughly 180WHP-190ish give or take

my 06 with a catback exhaust & downpipe with a stage 2 map from cobb made 241 WHP/ 272 WTQ on a dynojet dyno.

if youre going to get into modding you should start researching now so you're prepared:

Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

it's a lot to read but subarus are VERY picky when it comes to modding and you really have to have a good idea of what youre doing before you dive in
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 01-11-2010 at 02:52 AM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

The others will give you btr info about the technical stuff. I have an 06 TR and I love it.

As far as the price goes, haggle. I had fun doing it cuz I used to sell cars, but you can get that price way down from that w/ 38k miles. I purchased mine in 07 w/ 10.k on it for $19k out the door w/ LoJack. GL with the purchase and you will love the car when u get it.

Well i ended up getting a different TR, obsidian black pearl, it has a few more miles but i got it at a cheaper price...

car only had one other owner and has an invida bellmouth DP, thermal catback and HKS muffler, with a carbon fiber hood painted to match, Tein suspension, and an apexi turbo timer

I LOVE THIS CAR!

i miss my redline but wow... I've been missing out on AWD ha ha ha...

Oooooh, I'm jealous and Gratz!

Some work might begin on my car this spring after we sell a house, like going from crystal grey to wr blue. Getting new, wheels and a few other things.

And don't you just love the sound of that flat four? My exhaust isn't loud enough, but I love to hear her rev everyday.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by INTA:LECT View Post
    also, what do these cars dyno stock? and from what i understand, the EJ255 is a detuned STi motor?
    It's detuned in the same sense that the Maxima motor is the same motor that's in the 350Z. There are physical differences beyond just getting retuned.