Question from a WRX rookie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question from a WRX rookie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay I admit I’m a loner… I bought an 08 WRX sedan new having no idea what I was doing. ...

Question from a WRX rookie

Okay I admit I’m a loner… I bought an 08 WRX sedan new having no idea what I was doing. I just know I loved the way it looked (though I like the old ‘rally’ style better) and I was interested in as much power as I could get for under 30K. Plus, I live in an area that is prone to lots of snow and ice so the AWD was a huge bonus! Anyways, I have this 2008 WRX with no mods at all, and my good friend has a 2007 WRX “TR” sedan with no mods. How come whenever I drive his 07 it FEELS like it’s 3 times faster then mine??? I can’t help but notice the extra kick his WRX has over mine especially in the transition from 2nd to 3rd gear. His seems to power its way into third without any pull back while mine will ‘jump’ into third gear and then have to regain its boost before putting me back in my seat again. He drove mine and smiled and said he was too nice and modest to make fun of that fact that his seems faster. It defiantly has a quicker response when tapping the gas peddle over mine as well. Is it my imagination? Is there something wrong? Anybody else notice this but me? Is the 2007 WRX sedan faster then my 08?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 08's were designed to be very road freindly. Your friends 07 is going to have more solid suspension. Your going to feel the road a little more in the 07 and feel whatever you do the gas or brake pedal more in the 07. The 08 was designed with some performance in mind its going to have more HP. However subaru wanted to expand it market; and they thought the best way to do this was to make an easier riding wrx.

Your wrx is going to be softer int he corners and of bumps. 08's are nice wrx's so long as you like the styling. (i have an 09 I love the way they look). But the weakest part of the car is by far the suspension IMHO... These style wrx's are also notoriously quite. You really dont hear the turbo spool or the motor growl. This can also add to the mind set that your car doesnt "feel" as strong.

Nicley put, the 08's are designed to be the comfortable version of wrx's

You can do some sway bars to start to fix the issue. But if you really want better control on the road you should look into springs and struts.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.