downpipe upgrade?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on downpipe upgrade? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey i have a 04 wrx and i am looking into getting a new downpipe probably a catted on like ...

Registered User teamsubaru04WRX's Avatar

downpipe upgrade?

hey i have a 04 wrx and i am looking into getting a new downpipe probably a catted on like a cobb or similar one and i wanted to know if i should get the car tuned or do anything after i install the downpipe?? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

read the stickies, they are very beneficial. also,Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC. yes you do, and i think this should be in engine modifications.

You will need some sort of engine management once the DP is installed. While you are at it, install a catless UP.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx jay
    You will need some sort of engine management once the DP is installed. While you are at it, install a catless UP.
    +1

If you're going to modify your vehicle, the FIRST thing you should do if you own a 2.0L WRX is remove the catalytic converter in the uppipe - doing any power mod before that is and asking for catastrophic turbo failure
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Another vote for catless Uppipe before any other mod. However, to answer your original question...Yes to some sort of EM with the install of a DP.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Registered User teamsubaru04WRX's Avatar
    thanks for the info, i just got the car and never had something to mod bfor this so what kind of engine management should i do when installing the down/up pipe?? and is a catless downpipe better than a catted?

Read the above link for all your questions about modifying your Subie. Catted versus Catless is one of the items discussed, as is EM. Good luck, welcome and happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.