Impreza 99 1.6 STI conversion

This is a discussion on Impreza 99 1.6 STI conversion within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, im new here and i havent yet baught an impreza.. there is a possibility for me to buy ...

Impreza 99 1.6 STI conversion

Hello everyone, im new here and i havent yet baught an impreza..
    there is a possibility for me to buy an STI converted 99 impreza 1.6. Is it risky to buy such car ? Any opinions ? its in a very good condition and has some good modifications.

Thanks
    Khaled

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You're buying someone's project, with all the implied characteristics of a project.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Most of the imprezas here (Jordan/middle east) are converted and if you find a GT, its STI swapped.. They literally replace everything (engine,transmission,suspension,wirings,etc..)
    it's hard to decide here!

Anyone help please ?

it's always going to be a risky thing buying some one else's project car just because you don't know the condition of the parts they swapped in and if they did it right... but if its a good price and you trust that it is well put together then i would say go for it, it's always cool to have something different.

def what everyone said. id ask more ?s like if they did it or shop. and thrn any evidence to prove the condition of parts which they prob have none. past that take it to a mech just to inspect it compression turbo cv shafts etc. that what i would do anyway. sounds like a fun car though
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

i am definitely gonna take it to the mechanic to inspect it, that if im going to buy it, and i think its engine is newly fitted/rebuilt so thats gonna give more age to the car... its really hard to tell the difference between an original sti and a converted one, sunroof ? ABS ? this one doesnt have both.

o ok so you arent in us? yeah im not sure even what car you looking at now haha. i was thinking you meant like 99 w newer sti motor swap
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though