Future WRX owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Future WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up guys and gals, I'm currently in the market for a brand new 2009/2010 WRX premium sedan. I have ...

Future WRX owner

What's up guys and gals,

I'm currently in the market for a brand new 2009/2010 WRX premium sedan. I have been lurking on here for a while now and finally decided to join. I own a SVT Cobra and realize that I cant get to and from work in the snow without the National Guard picking me up (I'm a Police Officer) I need the all wheel drive the WRX offers. The heated seats, sunroof, and 4 doors make it easier for the fiancé to say yes too.

I promise once I pull the trigger (pardon the pun) on a new WRX premium I'll post pictures
    2010 World Rally Blue WRX Premium Sedan.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well welcome to the forum.

If winter driving is your goal you should place some winter tires in your budget. The summers that come on the 09+ will get you by but getting some blizzaks would make a night and day difference.

you may be able to find an 09 wrx for a much lower price then 10. For all intensive purposes they are the same car.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I used to own an Evolution 8 and I had winter tires on it (bridgestone blizzaks) I miss having AWD, 4 doors, and trunk space which is why I want a WRX.

I've seen that there are still new 09's on lots and they are cutting the prices on them to get them off the lots. I just have to get rid of the Cobra and wait for Uncle Sam to give me some money. Once that happens it wont be long until I get my new WRX

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you tried winters on your existing car, with maybe a sandbag out back? Maybe you don't need to change cars if you're lucky. Otherwise get winters for the new car anyway, the summers aren't something I'd use in the cold.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Worried about trunk space why not consider the wagon? Im partial to the sedan myself, but the wagon is more economical in terms of storing groceries, bikes, equipment etc etc.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Have you tried winters on your existing car, with maybe a sandbag out back? Maybe you don't need to change cars if you're lucky. Otherwise get winters for the new car anyway, the summers aren't something I'd use in the cold.
    Even with the winter tires and a bag of sand I just sat and spun my wheels as I tried to get up my driveway and into my garage. I just miss the convenience of a 4 door. I really want this Cobra gone and I really really like the 2009/2010 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Worried about trunk space why not consider the wagon? Im partial to the sedan myself, but the wagon is more economical in terms of storing groceries, bikes, equipment etc etc.
    Wagon is a definitely not gonna happen, No offense to all the wagon owners but I've never liked wagons.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

My buddy has an 06 GT its no cobra but he has the same issues in snow.. Those tires could be studded and chained and he would spin at idle. Mustangs are just horrible in wet conditions let alone frozen conditions. But they are fun...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

My buddy has an 06 GT its no cobra but he has the same issues in snow.. Those tires could be studded and chained and he would spin at idle. Mustangs are just horrible in wet conditions let alone frozen conditions. But they are fun...
    LOL you aren't kidding

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

Welcome man!

I saw you live in Baltimore MD - Where exactly? I live in White Marsh and work in the city.

Yeah...RWD and the HP that comes from that Cobra = bad news when snow comes. Doesn't matter what you do to that car. You won't get anywhere once there’s white stuff on the roads.

Anyways, I know it sounds like your waiting for uncle sam but poohbear is dead right. The 09's are cheap now. Not to mention I think they are still offering 0% finance. If you can afford the monthly payment, it might be worth it to buy the WRX and just take the cobra off the road and let her sit in the garage till it sells. Now, if your not really planning to finance the car, 0% doesn't help too much. But even still, 09's are going for a few K less than the 10's. I know Jones Junction in Bel Air has a blue STI, and a blue WRX. Now that I look at their website though, they are both 2010's. However, even though I'm not a big fan of some of their salesman, they do offer a pretty nice package (including free oil changes for life, and a "lifetime" engine warranty). I had my first oil change there and they were pretty nice. I was about to buy my 09 from there but they sold it the day before so I drove to NJ to get it.

My only other piece of advice - make the dealership give you all weather mats. The stock floor mats wear pretty quickly. Or if you desperately want something...push them. Dealerships need to move cars and will be willing to "throw" in little things to help you say yes. I wish I hadn’t been so desperate.

Anyways, good luck on the searching process. I actually enjoyed it. Let me know when you want to hit up loch ravens "seven sisters" sometime.
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by brbauer View Post
    Welcome man!

I saw you live in Baltimore MD - Where exactly? I live in White Marsh and work in the city.

Yeah...RWD and the HP that comes from that Cobra = bad news when snow comes. Doesn't matter what you do to that car. You won't get anywhere once there’s white stuff on the roads.

Anyways, I know it sounds like your waiting for uncle sam but poohbear is dead right. The 09's are cheap now. Not to mention I think they are still offering 0% finance. If you can afford the monthly payment, it might be worth it to buy the WRX and just take the cobra off the road and let her sit in the garage till it sells. Now, if your not really planning to finance the car, 0% doesn't help too much. But even still, 09's are going for a few K less than the 10's. I know Jones Junction in Bel Air has a blue STI, and a blue WRX. Now that I look at their website though, they are both 2010's. However, even though I'm not a big fan of some of their salesman, they do offer a pretty nice package (including free oil changes for life, and a "lifetime" engine warranty). I had my first oil change there and they were pretty nice. I was about to buy my 09 from there but they sold it the day before so I drove to NJ to get it.

My only other piece of advice - make the dealership give you all weather mats. The stock floor mats wear pretty quickly. Or if you desperately want something...push them. Dealerships need to move cars and will be willing to "throw" in little things to help you say yes. I wish I hadn’t been so desperate.

Anyways, good luck on the searching process. I actually enjoyed it. Let me know when you want to hit up loch ravens "seven sisters" sometime.
    I've been looking at the 09's but the motor issues I've been hearing about have gotten me worried. I haven't heard anything negative about the 2010's yet.

I'm up in Harford County and the Subaru scene up here is like non I've seen. I plan on having Aglie Automotive doing all my work so Jones free oil changes dont do it for me, plus I went up there looking at the 2010 WRX but it wasn't the premium so I wasn't too interested.

I plan on squeezing everything I can out of the dealership dry once I'm done negotiating my deal.

Yes once I get my WRX I'll definitely hit you up for a drive.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

^ Motor issues were solved.. There was a batch of Subaru's early build models up until October i think that had bad journals for the silver bearings Subaru uses. The problem has been fixed.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Yeah - Search this website and the internet...the motor problem was fixed and they have not seen a single engine problem since a certain build date (don't know the date of the top of my head).

I see what your saying about having Agile do all your work. If that's the case, no sense in looking into Jones unless they cut you a sweet deal. I paid 27,300 for mine and I got the following

-09 premium pearl white 5 dr (5dr is supposed to be $500 more than sedan)
    -IPOD interface
    -Factory subwoofer

I had an offer on the table from Jones for a 09 prm 5dr blue that had wheel locks for 27,000. I told them I was looking for something under 27k and they said good day. The car also had 270 miles on it which scared me a little. The one I bought had 50 (drove to NJ though). There is a pretty serious break in period for the WRX so the less miles on the car when you buy it, the better.

Are there a ton of WRX's in harford county? There arn't a ton around the white marsh area....you see 'em here and there.
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

^ Motor issues were solved.. There was a batch of Subaru's early build models up until October i think that had bad journals for the silver bearings Subaru uses. The problem has been fixed.
    I'll have to look for the build date so if I buy an 09 I can make sure its not a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by brbauer View Post
    Yeah - Search this website and the internet...the motor problem was fixed and they have not seen a single engine problem since a certain build date (don't know the date of the top of my head).

I see what your saying about having Agile do all your work. If that's the case, no sense in looking into Jones unless they cut you a sweet deal. I paid 27,300 for mine and I got the following

-09 premium pearl white 5 dr (5dr is supposed to be $500 more than sedan)
    -IPOD interface
    -Factory subwoofer

I had an offer on the table from Jones for a 09 prm 5dr blue that had wheel locks for 27,000. I told them I was looking for something under 27k and they said good day. The car also had 270 miles on it which scared me a little. The one I bought had 50 (drove to NJ though). There is a pretty serious break in period for the WRX so the less miles on the car when you buy it, the better.

Are there a ton of WRX's in harford county? There arn't a ton around the white marsh area....you see 'em here and there.
    Agile did some work on my Evo and I was impressed with thier work and they Subaru oriented so its a no brainer that they will get all of my work. Plus they are 10mins away.

I used to work at a Ford Dealership as a lot guy and I would love to tell you some of the horror stories that we'd do to the cars so I know what you mean by less miles the better LOL

There are a ton of Subies up here in Harford County and as a matter of fact, Joe at Agile Automotive is president of the Bel Air Subaru Club

How do you like the factory subwoofer? I was looking into making that one of the items I want installed.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

^ forgot to mention Im talking october of 08 not 09

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.