Future WRX owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Future WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I know the salesman told me to "let it all out" so I'm sure it had received many of ...

Well, I know the salesman told me to "let it all out" so I'm sure it had received many of those "all out's"...which scared me. Glad to hear the people who work there do the same stuff. lol

2009 WRX engine failure VIN/build date owner list - NASIOC
    I think if your build date is after July, your good to go. If you are finding a 2009 for sale today, i'd be shocked if it had a build date before August.

Factory subwoofer helps. As I am sure you have read, even the sound system in the premium is not the best. However, I'm not an expect when it comes to sound so average sound is fine for me. The subwoofer adds enough volume and bass that I don't feel like I need to go out and spent the $$$ on an aftermarket system. I know there are a bunch of other people who couldn't stand one day w/ the stock system. However, if I had to do it again, I'd spend the extra few bucks for the subwoofer. It's definately something you should hear before you buy though. B/c if its not enough for you, your gonna be upset you spent the $ on an so so/average subwoofer. Ya know?
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    ^ forgot to mention Im talking october of 08 not 09
    Really?? oh wow...

^ subaru was probably making 2010 wrx's by october of 09...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

good point. When I was shopping in Sep, 2009....dealerships were saying "we are unsure when 2010's will be here but it should be anyday." I think one dealership in lancaster PA had a 2010.

Also, I should clarify that those $ I stated below are all before tax tags and title. I also went and got the extended warranty (7 yrs, 100k miles) There is a peace about buying that warranty that I like...even though i'm sure there are study's that say it's not the smartest choice.

Did you get yours with or without the navi?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

no navi...Didn't think that was really necessary. my $100 tom tom does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by brbauer View Post
    good point. When I was shopping in Sep, 2009....dealerships were saying "we are unsure when 2010's will be here but it should be anyday." I think one dealership in lancaster PA had a 2010.

Also, I should clarify that those $ I stated below are all before tax tags and title. I also went and got the extended warranty (7 yrs, 100k miles) There is a peace about buying that warranty that I like...even though i'm sure there are study's that say it's not the smartest choice.
    How much was the extended warranty? I'll probably step up and buy it since this will be my last vehicle purchase for a long time.
    2010 World Rally Blue WRX Premium Sedan.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

dealer usually wants 1700 including the turbo surcharge... drop me a pm and I can get you a much better deal...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Jewish Santa View Post
    How much was the extended warranty? I'll probably step up and buy it since this will be my last vehicle purchase for a long time.
    That was the exact reason I bought the warranty. My wife has a 2001 Sentra w/ 150k miles. We'll probably be buying a used car for her within the next couple of years so I wanted to make sure my car had a good warranty. I just checked out my "subaru" file w/ all my papers. I paid 1990 and tax of 150 brining it to just over 2100 for the 7yr 100k warranty. I have heard stories that subaru is good about covering tons of items w/ the warranty. One of them was someone got tree sap on their car and it caused some pretty nasty damage and they covered it.

That was the exact reason I bought the warranty. My wife has a 2001 Sentra w/ 150k miles. We'll probably be buying a used car for her within the next couple of years so I wanted to make sure my car had a good warranty. I just checked out my "subaru" file w/ all my papers. I paid 1990 and tax of 150 brining it to just over 2100 for the 7yr 100k warranty. I have heard stories that subaru is good about covering tons of items w/ the warranty. One of them was someone got tree sap on their car and it caused some pretty nasty damage and they covered it.
    Thats the complete opposite from what Mitsubishi is like. If you need anything fixed under warranty and you have and modification done to your Evolution, even it your modification has nothing to due with what needs to be fixed they will refuse to fix it under warranty. I took them to arbitration hearings on multiple occasions when I owned my Evolution.

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

Yeah - I have heard that some dealerships are more strict than others when it comes to mods. I'm planning to talk to dealerships before I do any mods.

They'll probably tell you what they tell everyone and that is not to modify your car. Of course I refuse to leave any of my cars stock lol

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

The dealer has to prove that the modification you did is what caused the problem that needs repair. Some dealers go a little easier on the mods then others. Some dealers however will fight you over simple bolt ons...

Its simple though. If you dont want the dealer to know your car is modded dont mod it. I would stick to simple things like CBE and other things that subaru offers from the dealer for your car...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

I saw you live in Baltimore MD - Where exactly? I live in White Marsh and work in the city.
    I live close to White Marsh (down next to Martin State Airport) and work in Towson.

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jewish Santa View Post
    I'm up in Harford County and the Subaru scene up here is like non I've seen. I plan on having Agile Automotive doing all my work so Jones free oil changes don't do it for me, plus I went up there looking at the 2010 WRX but it wasn't the premium so I wasn't too interested.
    Welcome to the Club!

Good Luck with the purchase! I <3 the Cobra's!

Are you a Harford County Sheriff?

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    I live close to White Marsh (down next to Martin State Airport) and work in Towson.

-Jeff

Welcome to the Club!

Good Luck with the purchase! I <3 the Cobra's!

Are you a Harford County Sheriff?

-Jeff
    Thanks! I like my cobra but I need something a lot more practical, I work for an agency down in P.G. County

Current Mods:
    K&N Drop in filter.

Stink eye mob #118

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast