SPT Short throw shifter/exhaust
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SPT Short throw shifter/exhaust within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was looking to upgrade my 10' wrx.....i wanted to know if was worth the 0 for the exhaust and ...

SPT Short throw shifter/exhaust

i was looking to upgrade my 10' wrx.....i wanted to know if was worth the $800 for the exhaust and $400 for the shifter...and does it really make that much of a difference in shifting time,power,and sound?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm really not a fan of the SPT products. For the most part they are over priced. Cobb,Kartboy,Perrin,TRW......all make great shifters for less. Same with the exhausts. There are better choices out there.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

well the 2010 wrx already has the spt exhaust stock, all that the 800 adds is a downpipe, its quite a scam
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

Quote Originally Posted by sccoby823 View Post
    well the 2010 wrx already has the spt exhaust stock, all that the 800 adds is a downpipe, its quite a scam

The spt exhaust is a cat back... All the exhaust adds is a greaat sound... There are some dyno graphs of some very slight increases in power but nothing one would ever feel... The exhaust does not include a downpipe... A downpipe would lead the wrx to a stage 2 scenario...

The spt cat back is nicely made very good quality... But you can find very similar for just over half of what the dealer wants. Most all cat backs have their own sound. Some people prefer the spt sound over others and pay for it. Get on youtube and listen to some clips of different cat backs and see what you like the best.

as said before kartboy, perrin etc etc all make great products... I am looking into the kartboy short throw, with white line bushings atm...

EDIT- also as far as I know SPT cat back is not standard equipment. You can pay from the dealer to have one added, or work it into the deal... "i buy the wrx you throw in the cat back" kinda thing.... Some wrx's do come with the cat back but its in the final price of the auto unless you work out a deal with the dealer.
    Last edited by Poohbear; 12-29-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

oh my fault, thats what the guy told me ha, i have it on mine and it does sound good yes lol
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.