Got more pics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got more pics within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey this is probably the wrong section, but i was looking at this car a while ago, and the dealer ...

Got more pics please help

hey this is probably the wrong section, but i was looking at this car a while ago, and the dealer only sent me one pic. now they have pictures on their website and i was wondering what you all thought.. there are a few things i dont like, that i would change.

Used 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale | Richmond KY
    Last edited by kbrownmann; 12-29-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any help pls?

I Support ClubWRX
    I wanted that hood when I had an 06. Looks like the diffuser is missing out of the scope though. The other carbon bits are nice, although missing fog lights look a little off. Can't make out the exhaust at those angles.

Are you asking how it "looks" or the pricing etc? It's a pretty car for sure. You really need to see it in person though. Look under the hood and find out to what extent it is or may have been modified.

Good luck!
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    well i dont want to sit and read throught the dealer page, but is it stock or close to? Have you driven it? Have you looked at in person? Not a bad price at all, but there is a lot you have to also look at besides price...
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

no its a ways away from my house.. but i have talked to the lady.. the car fax is clean. no accidents, but i was still a little skeptical because of the exterrior mods. if i were to look at it i would take it to a mechanic. but idk how much hassle this car would be to take the exterrior back to stock

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    no its a ways away from my house.. but i have talked to the lady.. the car fax is clean. no accidents, but i was still a little skeptical because of the exterrior mods. if i were to look at it i would take it to a mechanic. but idk how much hassle this car would be to take the exterrior back to stock
    Finding a stocker hood swap should be cake if that's your plan. The fog covers would be cheap dealer or used parts. As for taking it to a mechanic, you could probably see any major changes, e.g. a non-oem TMIC or missing heat shield. Look for the tell tale signs of tool marks. They may use degreaser but that can't hide those. Make sure the the BC solenoid looks like the stocker or hasn't been zip tied back to its mounting plate.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

yeah a stock hood is the plan, and maybe stock springs or spt if i dont like the ride. hopefully the exhaust and engine parts are stock as well. i am very new with subarus so there will be a lot of parts that i would not have a clue about. could a mechanic give me a good list of everything that is not stock?

also.. about the diffuser and the BC solenoid how and where would i check for those?

I Support ClubWRX
    bcs is checked by putting car in test mode and turning the car to the on position, if it worka the bcs will click, if not it probably doesnt. Make sure you check it, i think mine is bad on my 03 wrx!!
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

alright that sounds easy enough. there is probably a thread somewhere about how to put into test mode.. and also... where would the best place be for a hood?

I Support ClubWRX
    alright that sounds easy enough. there is probably a thread somewhere about how to put into test mode.. and also... where would the best place be for a hood?
    You plug the two green wire under the dash together and turn the key on and listen for clicking.

Either here or nasioc, or craigslist for used, but idk for new
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

easy enough.. those plugs are made especially for test mode right and i dont have to cut the wires in any way?

I Support ClubWRX
    easy enough.. those plugs are made especially for test mode right and i dont have to cut the wires in any way?
    no sir, they have clips that clip together. They are green.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

alright sweet, thats what i thought.. thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by azWRX06 View Post
    Finding a stocker hood swap should be cake if that's your plan. The fog covers would be cheap dealer or used parts. As for taking it to a mechanic, you could probably see any major changes, e.g. a non-oem TMIC or missing heat shield. Look for the tell tale signs of tool marks. They may use degreaser but that can't hide those. Make sure the the BC solenoid looks like the stocker or hasn't been zip tied back to its mounting plate.
    Does anyone have a picture of and 02 WRX engine where the BC Solenoid is? I want to see if mine's been zip tied. haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast